Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New permission

New permission

I have just been given a piece of land that is about 12 acres but part of it is by a country road but you can't see into the land because it's surrounded by thick hedgerow but do you think I would be able to get permission for a .22 rimy?

Can't see why not. I mean, blimey, NWP gave me deer as my main "good reason" for .243 (despite me having written "fox" on my application form) based on a 1.5 acre strip alongside a busy road (not much more than a woody verge, really) and no deer within many, many miles. It just so happens to mention "the proprietors right to control deer" in my title deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by alwhitt94 View Post
    I have just been given a piece of land that is about 12 acres but part of it is by a country road but you can't see into the land because it's surrounded by thick hedgerow but do you think I would be able to get permission for a .22 rimy?
    I have the same perm. 12 acres thick hedgerows on one side. Showed the FEO yesterday and he flat out said no on the grounds of ricochet and it being flatter than a pancake. That's in Lancashire for what it's worth.

I wouldn't think that being able to see into the land would be as important as the possibility of bits of lead leaving it.

Irrespective of the safety aspects, do you actually have any suitable quarry on there to justify your 'good reason' - I don't think the pigeons you've mentioned on another thread would qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I have the same perm.
    Does the OP know you are both shooting there? Or are you referring to hairstyles?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I wouldn't think that being able to see into the land would be as important as the possibility of bits of lead leaving it.

Irrespective of the safety aspects, do you actually have any suitable quarry on there to justify your 'good reason' - I don't think the pigeons you've mentioned on another thread would qualify.

Does the OP know you are both shooting there? Or are you referring to hairstyles?
    haha. Set good. Which I had enough hair for a bloody perm.

So far I've got rabbit, hair, pigeon, pheasant and partridge and it's got a lot of hills for backstops

It's not the land in question!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

So what would be in question?

So what would be in question?
    Your ability to recognise clear backstops, safe and unsafe shots, not taking reckless shots towards the road or other direction which may be of concern, keeping shots within your boundary, possible public access, rights of way etc....
    Show your FEO that you are aware of all these situations, know your land and have it all covered then you should not have a problem

Ian