Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tikka t3 lite v browning x bolt

Tikka t3 lite v browning x bolt

Hello

im looking to get a 6.5 x55 and am looking at the Tikka t3 lite or browning x bolt back in 2012 there was a thread that did not rate the x bolt based on the trigger I think browning have introduced a new trigger system and was wondering what people thought now. Also has anyone got experience of a GRS stock are they any good in the field

thanks

Great caliber choice

hands down i would choose a tikka t3 over a browning any day

GRS stocks are nice but very heavy , great for varminting or targets but not really needed for stalking

Hands down X Bolt over the T3 any day!!

Much nicer stock, stainless fluted for similar money to a blued T3, more models factory threaded, smooth feed from the rotary magazine. and now as a totally new trigger mechanism which is extremely crisp.

I have the X bolt, and love it.
    Trigger has Zero creep, very crisp! It also has one of the best composite stocks out there, imo. The feed is very smooth and the gun shoots better than I can.
    But the only niggle is that the trigger weight is limited to no lower than 3lb.
    Different triggers can be got now to reduce that.
    Happy shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both a T3 in 6.5x55 and an xbolt in 30-06. Both shoot really well, feed well and are light. The stock has a slightly better feel on the X-bolt but there is very little in it. My advice is to go and shoulder both and buy the one that feels the best.

Tikka T-3.Guaranteed accurate. I have a T-3 Lite in 223, 7-08, 308, and a T3x in 6.5 Creedmoor. All are some of the most accurate rifles I own. If i could have gotten a 6.5x55 when I bought my 7-08 I might have gone that way with equal zeal. ~Muir

T3 lite with a Boyds stock

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Tikka T-3.Guaranteed accurate. I have a T-3 Lite in 223, 7-08, 308, and a T3x in 6.5 Creedmoor. All are some of the most accurate rifles I own. If i could have gotten a 6.5x55 when I bought my 7-08 I might have gone that way with equal zeal. ~Muir
    Why they won't import the Tikka to the USA in 6.5x55mm or 7x64, I cannot understand.

Muir, what do you think of the T3x vs the T3?

A plug for the X-Bolt. My son has one in 7mm-08 and loves it. His has very nice wood on it, a nice balance, and shoots very well with every ammunition we have tried in it.

I have the X-bolt in 30-06 and love it. Same as above, crisp trigger, great feeling stock, light. Favourite rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by dan2382 View Post
    I have the X-bolt in 30-06 and love it. Same as above, crisp trigger, great feeling stock, light. Favourite rifle.
    same here, same caliber, and very accurate with home loads