Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meindl Boot Width

Meindl Boot Width

Is it me or are Meindl Dovres a bit narrow? I tried a pair on but felt they were much too tight over the wide part of the foot...has anyone else had this experience? Do they give a little as they wear?

Thanks.

I've got pretty wide feet but love my meindl's. Only place I had a tiny hotspot was on outside of one little toe but that passed after a couple of times out.

They are snug, I wondered if i needed a size 46 instead of the usual 45, went in to a stockist had them measured and fitted properly and found the 45 was fine. They do become more supple with wear and I have had no problems. I do have quite wide feet, they match the rest of me

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    Is it me or are Meindl Dovres a bit narrow? I tried a pair on but felt they were much too tight over the wide part of the foot...has anyone else had this experience? Do they give a little as they wear?

Thanks.
    Hi they come in a wide fit aswell & is stayted on the box like this "wide" if any help for yu.

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post

Thanks.
    must have feet like frodo

If it can be of any help. In Belgium , the people who do shoe repairs have a tool on wich they put your shoe overnight or even a few days to "stretch" it a bit.
    The dictionary cals it "last" . I hope I use the right word. With a screw they make this last smaller and bigger. You can even put the shoe in water for a few hours to make the leather more supple before you do it. With a "normal" shoe , you put water in the shoe, but with the gore-tex membrane , it might not help.

Quote Originally Posted by v-max View Post
    Hi they come in a wide fit aswell & is stayted on the box like this "wide" if any help for yu.
    I have the wide fit too, I'm sure there was a tab on the inside indicating "Wide" too aswell as the box

wide fit here too

I got a pair a while back. The Dovre is made on a wider last than most of the other models of Meindl boots (that came from the people that sold them to me who are well known). Glockners etc are all narrower. I have to have a Glockner half a size bigger than a Dovre to fit.

wide fit here to mate must be all the pies.ha ha ha