Meindl Boot Width

Frax

Is it me or are Meindl Dovres a bit narrow? I tried a pair on but felt they were much too tight over the wide part of the foot...has anyone else had this experience? Do they give a little as they wear?

Thanks.

I've got pretty wide feet but love my meindl's. Only place I had a tiny hotspot was on outside of one little toe but that passed after a couple of times out.

They are snug, I wondered if i needed a size 46 instead of the usual 45, went in to a stockist had them measured and fitted properly and found the 45 was fine. They do become more supple with wear and I have had no problems. I do have quite wide feet, they match the rest of me :oops:

ft

Is it me or are Meindl Dovres a bit narrow? I tried a pair on but felt they were much too tight over the wide part of the foot...has anyone else had this experience? Do they give a little as they wear?

Thanks.
Hi they come in a wide fit aswell & is stayted on the box like this "wide" if any help for yu.

Thanks.
must have feet like frodo

If it can be of any help. In Belgium , the people who do shoe repairs have a tool on wich they put your shoe overnight or even a few days to "stretch" it a bit.
The dictionary cals it "last" . I hope I use the right word. With a screw they make this last smaller and bigger. You can even put the shoe in water for a few hours to make the leather more supple before you do it. With a "normal" shoe , you put water in the shoe, but with the gore-tex membrane , it might not help.

I got a pair a while back. The Dovre is made on a wider last than most of the other models of Meindl boots (that came from the people that sold them to me who are well known). Glockners etc are all narrower. I have to have a Glockner half a size bigger than a Dovre to fit.

i recently bought a pair and had to have the next size up than usual to be comfortable with double knit sock on bush wear swapped them no trouble

I've got wide feet aswell, the Dovre & Glockner in standard fit are both too tight a fit for me, have yoy tried the Hanwag Trapper GTX?, they're my favorite Gore Tex lined boot of the last 20 years!, fit like a glove right out the box:D. All pail in comparison to my Lundhags though:smug:

Back