Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another scope

Another scope

It happened again, I went into Macleods of Tain this morning to get a rifle posted off and while I was talking to Gregor he mentioned that he had got hold of some second hand Pecar scopes. So naturally I had a look, having a soft spot for them, I looked at a few, all of which were good, then I happened upon an 8X56 with outstanding optics. So without even being prompted by the man himself I bought it. A cracking scope with years of life left in it, a top line scope for bottom line money. I paid 80 for it and that is one of the expensive ones!

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi John,

Are you on commission?

Michelle

Did he have any 6x42's??????

Quote Originally Posted by Weather Witch View Post
    Hi John,

Are you on commission?

Michelle
    Michelle if you knew the wee man in question then you would know that he thinks that commission is a tool of the devil

I was looking through a 6X42 this morning

John

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    You'll be buying a rifle to put under it then? What you getting?

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Only joking John, sounds like a bargain!

Will tell Phil

:-)

Ahhh wasn't the Pecar a 6x45?

Rotten swine.. I like the champion Pecar scopes and a 8x56 is a good-un

SD Regular
    Gregor is a bad man and best avoided.

Last time I spoke to him about telescopic sights I ended up buying a Zeiss Diatal-C 4x32 AND a Zeiss Diatal-C 6x32!

I would rate him probably the best source in the UK for quality secondhand optics bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Ahhh wasn't the Pecar a 6x45?

Rotten swine.. I like the champion Pecar scopes and a 8x56 is a good-un
    probably

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    It happened again, I went into Macleods of Tain this morning to get a rifle posted off and while I was talking to Gregor he mentioned that he had got hold of some second hand Pecar scopes. So naturally I had a look, having a soft spot for them, I looked at a few, all of which were good, then I happened upon an 8X56 with outstanding optics. So without even being prompted by the man himself I bought it. A cracking scope with years of life left in it, a top line scope for bottom line money. I paid 80 for it and that is one of the expensive ones!

John
    Jeez! Are you sure that 8x56 is big enough?? You usually don't mess around with such pipsqueak scopes...~Muir