Weather?

finnbear270

Just booked my remaining stalks before the lease renewal date, Long range forecast is not that good, how much store do you put on the forecasts, what / who is your favourite most reliable source,I'm presently using Accuweather.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently use Accuweather (Platinum for 25 day forecast) and Windguru and a Weathermeter on my person when out.
Weatherlive is another option to compare against Accuweather but its been pretty accurate for my needs.

Just booked my remaining stalks before the lease renewal date, Long range forecast is not that good, how much store do you put on the forecasts, what / who is your favourite most reliable source,I'm presently using Accuweather.:(

Not much to be honest. After living in the mountains for a long time and watching snow forecast daily and even hourly waiting for the weather to roll in I honestly cant find a better one that the weather app on your iPhone. Even then a cursory glance out the window and plan for the worst is my attitude.

I have used http://www.mwis.org.uk and http://www.xcweather.com for many years and found them pretty reliable. Accuracy very much depends on the type of weather coming. If we are in a stable High Pressure system - much easier to predict than a series of low pressure fronts coming in off the Atlantic. With the latter the forecasts can tell you what is likely to happen - ie band of rain followed by sunshine etc, but the challenge is the timing and speed of the events. As for wind, again direction of the main meterological windis predictable, but windspeed is often much harder. And on a sunny day, the effect of the sun on Southern facing slopes giving rise to thermals whilst predictable is very much a localised event.

As regards deer - well they need to feed every four to six hours and will tend to prefer certain localities in certain weather - that requires local knowledge as well as general experience.

Currently use Accuweather (Platinum for 25 day forecast) and Windguru and a Weathermeter on my person when out.
Weatherlive is another option to compare against Accuweather but its been pretty accurate for my needs.

I now use both of these after asking a similar question.
Also use Net weather tv, although not as good as it used to be.
Maybe I should pay for a better service?......

Back