Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pie warmer

Pie warmer

OK, we've got the all in one Kelly Kettle for making a brew without having to carry stove, kettle, gas, etc.

Is there an equivalent for pie-warming?

I fancy having something similar which allows me to warm sausages, slices of game pie, etc when I'm on a stalking trip. Any such items on the market?

Can't you just add a MSR pot, or similar ?

dutch oven pan with concave lid
    with a grill inside the base to keep the food off the bottom
    fecking heavy though!

You can never be too far from a Greggs

on on a more serious note do jet boil make a part that allows other items to be used for cooking

Buy the hobo stove attachment for your Kelly kettle !
    Swaledale outdoors have it for less than 10 free delivery
    So boil kettle make cuppa remove kettle from firebase put hobo stove top on with pan from pan kit for Kelly kettle & heat pie thru

& it all fits inside kettle body

Paul

Thanks guys...but in the nicest possible manner, you're all missing it. I don't want to carry a pan, just a kelly kettle type thing that I can put a large slice of meaty game pie into which heats it up relatively quickly. Or 4-5 sausages. I don't want to cook them as this will have been done the day before. I just want to warm them up without having to carry a jet boil, dutch oven, pan or anything that stores fuel. All I need for fuel is some paper, a few twigs and a lighter or a few matches. It must be possible.

Actually, it would be 5 sausages and also 4 slices of smoked bacon.
    Last edited by armo.; 07-10-2016 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by armo. View Post
    Thanks guys...but in the nicest possible manner, you're all missing it. I don't want to carry a pan, just a kelly kettle type thing that I can put a large slice of meaty game pie into which heats it up relatively quickly. Or 4-5 sausages. I don't want to cook them as this will have been done the day before. I just want to warm them up without having to carry a jet boil, dutch oven, pan or anything that stores fuel. All I need for fuel is some paper, a few twigs and a lighter or a few matches. It must be possible.

The simplest option is the Ghillie Kettle Maverick Cook Kit... fits in the bottom of your ghillie/Kelly kettle and you just whack it on the top while you are making a brew and use the wasted flame/heat coming out of the chimney to reheat your food... simples... and really the only way without taking another piece of kit specifically to heat your food up!

http://www.ghillie-kettle.co.uk/prod...e-b0c4c6900d8a

So just what do you imagine this is going to look like ? Are you planning on using this instead of the Kelly kettle, or as well as ?

SD Regular
    Is there an equivalent for pie-warming?
    I tape mine to the inside of my groin with duct tape. It keeps it both warm and moist in even the coldest of weathers. And, as a bonus, no additional seasoning is usually required.

Joking apart though how about either a food thermos or just a metal plate on the top of the Kelly kettle chimney?

Go to Kelly kettle website
    You get the hobo stove, the pan accessories etc all with your Kelly kettle of you want & fit inside ... your already using the same twigs / fuel etc for the kettle stick the pan on & quick heat thru

Your not carrying big pans etc

I've got the Kelly kettle & the accessories it's brilliant

Paul