Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition safe

Ammunition safe

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable and successful rut. Going well here for the moment.

Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for an ammunition safe at a reasonable price?

B&Q do a perfectly decent safe for around 30 if I remember rightly. I bought on eyears ago and it's done just fine.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

SD Regular
    Is that police acceptable? Or just an strong box that can be secured in a vehicle? if the latter and old Army ammunition box can be drilled to allow it to "sit" over bolts welded to the vehicle and then secured onto those bolts by nuts and washers.

Drill the front of the box and lid to accept a hasp and staple and padlock. Or just two holes through the box and the lid sides, perhaps, to allow a chain to pass through to chain it to part of the vehicle.

Cheers, yes, preferably police acceptable, it's just as an extra to go in the reloading/gunroom. Already have a lock top cabinet, this is just an extra for bullets, bolts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by traveler View Post
    Cheers, yes, preferably police acceptable, it's just as an extra to go in the reloading/gunroom. Already have a lock top cabinet, this is just an extra for bullets, bolts, etc.
    Inever had a problem with them being accepted by the police,

Try eBay, loads of them on there, search 'ammo safe'
    under 40 delivered with 7 lever locks.

I have a cheap B&Q one, not the digital type they are a bit crap, it has the same heavy double bolt mechanism as some gun safes and its big enough to get a fair bit of ammo in About a cubic foot at a guess...http://www.diy.com/departments/diall.../974060_BQ.prd

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I have a cheap B&Q one, not the digital type they are a bit crap, it has the same heavy double bolt mechanism as some gun safes and its big enough to get a fair bit of ammo in About a cubic foot at a guess...http://www.diy.com/departments/diall.../974060_BQ.prd
    agree, wouldn't touch the digital one but the key lock is perfect for the job, solid and sturdy.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    agree, wouldn't touch the digital one but the key lock is perfect for the job, solid and sturdy.
    Thanks, just had a look at them. Look spot on.

I live in an old farmhouse and my gunroom is what used to be the old dairy store and has stone benches all round with stone supports so I fitted steel frames inside with steel doors and a padlock, hidden it away behind a wooden facade , feo is very pleased with it, get a safe from anywhere argos do them cheap fix it to the fabric of the building , big thing is it should not be in direct sight ie look here this is a safe come rob me
    good luck
    Ray