head torch

as long as its a pretzal you wont go wrongi know it sounds like a rifle but the tikka model is the nuts

Yup Petzl Tikka here as well, used one ever since they first appeared, 5 or 6 years back.
I have tried others, but always go back to the Tikka.

Neil. :)

HL10 from clulite works a treat, quite cheep and re chargable lasts for hours plus no black spots

Petzl Duo, for serious use. see caving supplies in buxton (peak district) just google the name. i have several Duo's still perfect after 10years of hard core undeground / underwater and land based uses.

skipp

Excellent head torch

Alpkit Gamma!

Different modes, different colours, a main beam, a smaller everyday one, great on batteries.
Superb piece of kit, best £12 I have spent in ages. Seriously, check out the reviews. They sell out fast when in stock, and go for more than that on ebay, the demand is so great. Batteries included.

Last edited:
I recently bought a Gerber multi-tool on special offer in Manchester for £9.99, included in the deal was a Silva head torch
which is really clever design and a pleasure to use. And it was free already !!

Brianm

'How can you Soar like an Eagle when your'e surrounded by Turkeys'

I've got an petzl duo that I don't really use (if anyone wants it, make me an offer!) it's quite big and heavy, I much prefer the Petzl Tikka, small lightweight and bright for close work... "Borrowed" off the wife, but she's not getting it back :lol:

Petzl Tikka XP is a really good head torch. I've also recently bought a Silva head torch and these are also excellent. Very easy to use, light and comfortable and has the red light for using in the field. It also comes in green, which as my good lady pointed out, goes with everything else I own!!!

"Energiser" . Available from b & q etc for about a tenner, 2 white leds,one red led. Nothing fancy,not a long beam but ideal for ordinary stuff. The red led is very handy as it avoids spoiling your night vision (just like those old u-boat movies:) )

fraser

I use a Black Diamond Icon, not cheap, but a excellent piece of kit, if you use batteries that are for digital cameras they last ages goes for any torch, I have used mine on night time fell runs without problems.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Black-Diamond-Icon.html

ATB

Tahr

i carnt recommed the petzel tikka enough as well being a stalker im a carp angler i fish over 50 nights a year every year for the last ten tears or so my petzel is on is 4 elastic and still going strong its light enough to pull down and where like a whistle around your neck .forget all the daft ones that have flashing leds red lights etc they are just a nusiance and i also find the ones with a big back on or have a padded foam back give you a head ache after a bit

I too have the Petzl Tikka, I would not want to be without it. It's so light and well balanced, it gets used sea trout fishing, wildfowling and stalking. It lives, permanantly, in my coat pocket so it is always to hand.

ft

Must say the petzel Ariane carbide lamp is top kit too! i have two! maybe not so good for stalking however! but the carbide can be great fun if you know what to do with it!

Skipp.

Some nice fancy stuff in the links lads but realy common sence must prevail.
I`v tried out some fancy lamps in my time and finaly come to the decision basic is best.
The small Petzl types are ideal and slip easily into pockets or a bag with out taking up too much room.
The bigger head torches are for the pretenders ;)

unload.jpg

Last edited:
Back