Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone go to Glastonbury?

Anyone go to Glastonbury?

I did.

Bloody awful week. My knee went on the wednesday morning meaning I couldn't really walk for the rest of the week, and found out whilst I was there that one of the lads new girlfriend (who came with us) is an animal rights activist.

Brilliant. just bloody brilliant.

Stevie Wonder made it all worthwhile though

Oggy

I managed to get 3 tickets, one for my wife, the others for her 2 best mates, as a surprise 40th birthday present for her - I decided she'd have a better time with her friends than with me....

I had the 'EUREKA' moment last year, and after that, it was just stress and aggro every step of the way from trying to get a registration photo of my camera-shy wife (...it got so bad that I started to suspect she must be on some kind of witness protection programme...), registering all 3 friends despite repeatedly having the photos rejected, actualy trying to get tickets from a ticket agency that imploded on sale day, one of the friends getting pregnant and her husband not wanting her to go, actually getting the tickets from the couriers, and then having an expensive problem develop on her car a few days before she was due to set off ('fairly expensive' = 675....). AND trying to keep all of this a secret until a couple of weeks ago. I was like a wet rag by the the time I'd done.

BUT - she had an absolutely fantastic time, experience of a lifetime (she'd never been before & has always said she'd like to), and saw some of her fave bands.

The smile on her face when made it all worthwhile.

Don't go telling anyone I'm a bit of a softy really....
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    I did.

Bloody awful week. My knee went on the wednesday morning meaning I couldn't really walk for the rest of the week, and found out whilst I was there that one of the lads new girlfriend (who came with us) is an animal rights activist.

Brilliant. just bloody brilliant.

Stevie Wonder made it all worthwhile though

Oggy
    I didn`t go but i heard the toilets were a sight and a smell to behold!!
    Wednesday previous to the festival. 25 mile tailback between the site and J23 M5 averaging 6 hours in traffic, the locals on that route made a killing, selling bottled water, coke, (the drink) and ice creams.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Chagstock for us in a couple of weeks time.....so plenty of scrumpy & decent loos are promised. Anyone else going?

Yes I went ,had a great time the highlight being the wurzels electric version of ive got a combine harvester !!!
    Quality .

Yes, in 1981, 1982, 1983 & 1984.

Sooo many people there, as many as 20,000, and tailbacks all the way down the lane into Pilton. Happy days!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Yes I went ,had a great time the highlight being the wurzels electric version of ive got a combine harvester !!!
    Quality .
    HA HA!! I heard them from my tent doing the Kaiser Chiefs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Yes, in 1981, 1982, 1983 & 1984.

Sooo many people there, as many as 20,000, and tailbacks all the way down the lane into Pilton. Happy days!
    Cool!!! who was playing?

Quote Originally Posted by oggy View Post
    Cool!!! who was playing?
    John Cooper Clarke, Aswad, Black Uhuru, The Enid, Van Morrison, Moving Hearts, The Smiths, New Model Army, Gordon Giltrap, Roy Harper, Jackson Browne, Ian Dury...

The DBC - Dread Broadcasting Company - had their own tent, free veggie curry from Hare Krishna. Crucial!

...and a really funny bloke called Rick Mayall appeared in the theatre tent. What ever happened to him?
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Not sure what happened to Rick, but his old mate Ade Edmundson is at Chagstock.....with his band playing punk songs on folk instruments....guaranteed to keep a 40 something bloke very happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    John Cooper Clarke, Aswad, Black Uhuru, The Enid, Van Morrison, Moving Hearts, The Smiths, New Model Army, Gordon Giltrap, Roy Harper, Jackson Browne, Ian Dury...

The DBC - Dread Broadcasting Company - had their own tent, free veggie curry from Hare Krishna. Crucial!

...and a really funny bloke called Rick Mayall appeared in the theatre tent. What ever happened to him?
    New Model Army? Now there's a blast from the past. I didn't know they were still going. I remember going to see them in 1986 at a night club in Bielefeld, Germany called PC69. The "Ghost of Cain" tour.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.