Maximum Number Of Guns

Jim xyz

Hi All,

As per the title really, I currently hold 2 centrefires and 4 shotguns. A side by side, an o/u and a semi in 12 bore and a 20 bore o/u for my wife and daughter to use on clays.

I've seen another 12 bore side by side that I really fancy but it's more of a collectors piece and I dare say it wouldn'the see that much use. I don'the want to have to sell another to make space for it.

Is there a maximum number of guns that we can hold? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm sure I've read that more than 7 and the house needs to be alarmed but I'm not sure.

I'm going to sound out my FEO but I'must just after some knowledge before hand.

Thanks,

Jim

Some forces (used to?) put limits on the number of guns you can have before you need an alarm etc. I know Avon & Somerset did when I was there.

Don't think TV do, but as my house is alarmed I didn't bother to check.

Is there a maximum number of guns that we can hold? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm sure I've read that more than 7 and the house needs to be alarmed but I'm not sure.

Dont even ask him to clarify, can of worms

you are well under any nominal level that would require higher level of security and even then it is on a case by case basis!

as above
just get it

good reason is the ONLY thing they can consider
word that well and make sure the answer can't be "well you already have xxx why dont you just use that one!?"

Your SGC allows you to 'Possess shotguns' with no regard to numbers. Just buy it and let them know as per usual. I'd be giving them no opportunity to add any caveat to the rights your SGC bestows on you. You jumped through enough hoops to get it in the first place ;)

Your SGC allows you to 'Possess shotguns' with no regard to numbers. Just buy it and let them know as per usual. I'd be giving them no opportunity to add any caveat to the rights your SGC bestows on you. You jumped through enough hoops to get it in the first place ;)

Spot on mate!

Ian.

Cheers Guys,

Looks like an early Christmas present is coming my way then. I don't think I'll bother even asking the question of the firearms team.

Jim

On my first visit, when I had but one firearms cabinet, a seven slot one, my FEO has a look and said that I could easily get ten or eleven in there if I upended the last four. That was for S.1. I took him at his word and now have three cabinets, a seven, an eight and a six. ;)

In the matter of an alarm, when my S.1 firearms and shotguns passed about 25 in number there were dark hints of a requirement for a monitored alarm. I went and bought a Yale wireless system that makes phone calls if activated. Easy to set up but a PITA when it's time to change the batteries on the external siren as I don't have a decent ladder so the small one I do have is a death trap.:scared:

I thought you said you had GUNS !

6 in total is not many as it is still only single figures

treat your self to another 4 :)

i I believe that general consensus is below 10-12 guns there's no problem above that and a little extra security will help but this all depends on area , crime rate and current security

Cheer the Mrs up get her a "present" of an alarm system then say as she,s had something its only fair you have another gun to balance things out:D

Just keep squeezing them in - provided you can shut the cabinet door you're fine!

This is my philosophy... but at the risk of sounding like an American, I'm not sure how many I have off hand. I'd have to write it out on paper or do an inventory. Canadian gun law is kind of buggered on something's, but we aren't as far as England yet. I have a few really decent hunting guns and I have a bunch more just because I like them or I've inherited them.

Our shiny new princess, ahem, Prime Minister is going to make things more difficult for me and the 3 or 4 million other gun owners. They try not to do it directly, they do little things at a time so we don't unite properly.

Reading your forum has renewed my interest to push for our rights and be part of the fight against these changes.

By the way, your duchess Kate and her guy visited my university the other day and I saw her up close... She's nice :)

Ryan

Only comment I've ever heard about squeezing too many guns into a cabinet is that you may be tempted to not put the last one in the cabinet but hide it somewhere else in case of damaging any of the guns. Just get another cabinet, you don't need a variation to buy one!
50+ shotguns may start to raise some eyebrows - they may think you're building up an arsenal to raise a private army!

Back