Flat out on the Stubble......

A early evening call last night got me hustling around to re-pack my decoying kit. I had been out Sunday afternoon on a field close by which has seen some attention of late managing 30, but the dog had some good retrieves so all good.

As we were taking one truck then I hate not having any spare kit so checked through it all twice, plenty of pigeons according to the phone call......

On the field at 8.30 with a large number of birds spread over 4 wheat stubble fields, half an hour of chasing them back over the river with the truck.

I had a slow start with the birds were bypassing straight to my shooting partner 3 fields away, however things always change and despite being down wind of his Perazzi opening up on a regular basis a line started to develop....

122 for me with 117 picked 152 with 148 picked...

So a good day all round.

004_zpsu4xkkp6f.jpg
007_zpsu0k6tpkz.jpg

Tim.243

What a good trip, well done, and that net is the perfect colour for the stubble

Thank you, I use that when building a hide right on in the middle of a field to get near the flight line or get away from the public lol

As they say on the cooking shows...."one I made earlier"

004_zps7cqfydhf.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
Well done, i haven't managed to connect with any pigeons in numbers this summer. Hopefully the rape will provide a bit of sport soon enough.

Well done, i haven't managed to connect with any pigeons in numbers this summer. Hopefully the rape will provide a bit of sport soon enough.

Thank you, what we are seeing on the rape is the birds picking through the previous crop ie wheat/barley stubble where it has been direct drilled.

Tim.243

Back