First roe buck

Hi guys,

Just got back from an amazing roe stalk.

Managed to take my first roe buck here in Scotland, all thanks to Mr. George Elliot from Hunting and Sporting Scotland.

I highly recommend taking up a stalk with him. Very professional and friendly guide.

Cheers,

Bruno.:)

We stalked a piece of land near Kirriemuir, Angus.

Not the best weather this morning, but it cleared later, enough for us to hill stalk two decent sized roes.

Couldn't get a shot on either of them.

Just before abandoning the hill, we spotted a small buck laying in the tall grass at about 150 m just below us.

Set up on the sticks and dropped him were he lay.

Not the biggest beast (haha) but none the less, really chuffed at my first roe.

The scenery was just breathtaking, and made for an absolutely unforgettable stalk .

Will most certainly be up there again soon to look for a bigger animal.

What a hunt!

IMG_8026.jpg IMG_8023.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bruno

Well done and hopefully the first of many.
This will be the one remembered for a very long time including for getting you addicted!

L

We stalked a piece of land near Kirriemuir, Angus.

Not the best weather this morning, but it cleared later, enough for us to hill stalk two decent sized roes.

Couldn't get a shot on either of them.

Just before abandoning the hill, we spotted a small buck laying in the tall grass at about 150 m just below us.

Set up on the sticks and dropped him were he lay.

Not the biggest beast (haha) but none the less, really chuffed at my first roe.

The scenery was just breathtaking, and made for an absolutely unforgettable stalk .

Will most certainly be up there again soon to look for a bigger animal.

What a hunt!

View attachment 75309 View attachment 75310

Aye that's more like it !! Bet your on cloud nine , well done and a day to remember for sure, nice one .

Well done. It looks like there is only one antler. Has it shed one already as it is getting towards that time of year ?

Well done. It looks like there is only one antler. Has it shed one already as it is getting towards that time of year ?

Thanks gents!

Deerpath, yes. It was missing one antler. Looked like he had shed it, and seemed to be growing a new one judging by the stub.

Back