Percussion Beater Trousers

nun_hunter

I tried on a pair of these recently and they look very well made and really tough and durable (which is what's important to me) however the only downside is they were quite noisy, almost scratchy sounding. Has anyone got a pair and did they quieten down after afew weeks use? They'll be no good if they keep rustling with every step or bramble I pass.

I'm guessing a clue is in the name? With a description of 'Beater Trousers' they're probably not designed to be stealthy? When I go beating 'scratchy' and 'rustling' is a job requirement...

Yeah I figured that but also hoped that after a few wash and wear cycles they would become softer and quieter and someone may have experience of them.

I've been using a pair of Percussion "beater leggings" . The trouser type , not just two separate legs. Not very good for me. The outside is some kind of hard nylon, with a waterproof layer laminated to the inside. They leaked after a few weeks. The inside waterproof layer completely detached from the outside.
I've been using the ones made by decathlon ( below € 20 ) for years and they are much better.

I had been looking at the Decathlon one but the price seemed too good to be quality. Maybe I'll try some first.

I've been using a pair of Percussion "beater leggings" . The trouser type , not just two separate legs. Not very good for me. The outside is some kind of hard nylon, with a waterproof layer laminated to the inside. They leaked after a few weeks. The inside waterproof layer completely detached from the outside.
I've been using the ones made by decathlon ( below € 20 ) for years and they are much better.

Thanks for that HS. After NH mentioned them I had a look at the website and thought they might be worth a punt. I'll save my money ...

http://nl.decathlon.be/overbroek-100-groen-id_8367372.html

I've been using a similar model for maybe 10 years or more. They change it all the time and is mostly priced in between € 14,90 and 19,90 . Almost every year they make some small changes, some for the better some for the worse. Up to now I haven't found anything better. waterproof, light and reasonably strong. They mostly are O.K. for 1 or more seasons, but even 2 a season is not to bad regarding the price. Even the more expensive models from Decathlon aren't any better and some worse. I've tried a good few of them.
Decathlon has one very bad "quality" = If they have something really good, they stop making it.

Back