Light weight stalking shoe

Southern

I bought a pair of Merrill Jungle Mocs last year as something quick to throw on and run outside, or as campfire shoes, to wear in camp after a long day in heavy hiking or hunting boots. When I was active with the Boy Scouts, so of the other adult leaders had these or something similar to change into at night.

Now, I have been using them as a warm weather hunting shoe. They have a gripping sole and good padding. With no lacing, they are very quiet, so I can feel the earth and really slip up on critters. Yesterday, I went out in the mountains and forgot to change into a pair of Vasque, so I ending up walking four miles on broken rocky trails, no problem. No my plan again, but I recommend a try for shoe in mild, dry weather where you need stealth.

They are truly butt ugly, but I am wearing them in the woods. You can pull them off and put on Asolo before appearing in public.

Merrell Moab with the Gore tex lining for me. Comfy and waterproof so that your feet stay dry in wet grass. Have had 4 pairs so far

Merrell Moab with the Gore tex lining for me. Comfy and waterproof so that your feet stay dry in wet grass. Have had 4 pairs so far
I picked up a pair of the Moab at Thanksgiving for $45.00 !! They are a great lightweight shoe. The sole is quiet, with enough feel, but thick enough to walk on rock and roots some support. Thanks to srvet! :tiphat:

I like the Keen Clearwater CNX. for when the weather is mild. You get funny looks in the UK wearing these and shorts though!

I wear Lowa Zephyr desert boots in the summer. Very comfy and breathable but with good support and protection for foot and ankle.

Back