Thread: Hampshire, gun shops, 308

Regular Poster

Hampshire, gun shops, 308

Hi Lads, can anyone point me in the right direction as to gun shops in the Hampshire area, I am thinking about changing my 308 for a new one.
    Had the old one for a while now!

Dry Powder.

Barry

You're not that far to Avalon in Street or to Dorchester.

Portsmouth gun centre?
    Matt

SD Regular
    Try Andrew Manley at Lambert and Wiltshire in Ringwood. A very nice guy to deal with and I bought two rifles, in 270, from them some time ago and never regretted any aspect of the purchase...except maybe the long drive down from the East Midlands and the M25 on the way back!

A real "traditional" gun shop with easy parking right nearby and all the other "bits and pieces" that gun shops have to lighten your wallet!

www.lambertandwiltshire.com
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 01-07-2010 at 21:05.

+1 for lambert and Wiltshire (really into Sauer's there), the only other gun shop that knows about rifles in the area is Town and country guns in Botley chap seems to know his stuff , does alot of stalking and if its anything to go by there ammo isn't a rip off compared with some of the local shops. Also stocks and deals in Sako,Tika and remington mainly. Offered me a better price on new Sako than my local place (Greenfields ,salisbury).

+1 for Town & Country in Botley, Dave is a great bloke-apart from the fact that he is always "angry", I just take it with a pinch of salt now, he has properly looked after me as a customer for years now & always done his best on sourcing rifles & gear at the best price.

Regs Lee

It's not Hampshire, but Greenfields (Salisbury) is good if they've got something on the shelves they want to shift. I agree that if they need to get something in though, they're not the best.

We need a really good gunshop in this county. We've got the shooting, but not the shops (which probably saves me a few pennies!).

Quote Originally Posted by lwcdart View Post
    +1 for Town & Country in Botley, Dave is a great bloke-apart from the fact that he is always "angry", I just take it with a pinch of salt now, he has properly looked after me as a customer for years now & always done his best on sourcing rifles & gear at the best price.

Regs Lee

Yes, Dave does come across as rather "angry"! I think the best I saw was him giving one of his Saturday boys a rollocking for pretty much nothing in front of the customers. I'm not sure who it was more painful for, the employee or us customers!

Having said that, his prices are suprisingly competitive.
    Last edited by Blaser243; 03-07-2010 at 18:49. Reason: Spleling

Regular Poster
    Thanks very much for the input guys, went to Botley the guy was most helpful. also went to ringwood the chaps there wernt that bothered about serving, it was however 3. 30 on sat afternoon and thay probably wanted home .

Dry Powder.

Barry