Rugged & Tough Harkila & Seeland Dealers What that means for you?

Rugged & Tough

Just thought I would raise this as we have had a few instances recently that knocked a couple of our customers off their feet..

As official dealers, we represent both Harkila, Seeland Jack Pyke etc in our local community. We are here to help, even if you did not buy from us! Being a dealer is not just getting a sale, its about offering aftersales as well as presales service and advice. That is what we do. In this day and age it is easy to forget the service of yore ever existed, but we can assure you it does! We cannot refund a sale we did not have of course, but we can offer face to face support for all the brands we are proud to sell

Do not be embarrased about getting a great deal online from somewhere else, well done!, But now something is not right, fine come and see us and see what we can do to help support. It might be that you have to return the item to the seller for a refund, but this is not the case most of the time.

Have a great season all.

All the best
Andrew
http://www.ruggedtough.com

It's for this reason above that cheapest isn't always best! We may save a few quid in the short term but quality after sales is priceless. I have bought from R&T, and had issue with a product just after the manufacturers warranty had expired - they still solved it for me. A great company to deal with.

Great to see people still taking a traditional approach to after sales and customer support.

Rugged and tough provide excellent service even to Australia. My harkila Q jacket is still going strong ;)

Many thanks for the thumbs up and it is very much appreciated by all the team here in the UK. Glad to hear from some familiar names, and great to read the Q is performing up to speed.

Warranties are really interesting and from our point of view we take a very balanced view, even if something is a few years old, has been well looked after and has failed in someway, then we have to assess whether it was a defect in manufacturing or not. We just had a pair of Wellingtons back which went out of production a year or so ago and where a little worn yes, but the split in the seam at the back of the boot was not in our view wear and tear, so we took them back for the customer and swapped them out for him.

BTW: - No he did not buy them from us, doesn't matter in the least

Andrew

Wish this offer had been available earlier this year when my second replacement pair of Harkila wellies started leaking. The email below was the response from Montrose Guns and tackle who took the view that any warranty only applied to the original pair of wellies which had been purchased over a year ago! (The replacement pair leaked after just 6 months)

Hi

Oh dear. Your warranty is now expired. We had not realised your order was over a year ago. Do you want the boots back or do I dispose of them?

Sorry.

Kind regards

Alison

---
Mike Davies

Montrose Guns and Tackle
87 Murray St
Montrose
DD10 8JZ

I let them dispose of the wellies along with any possibility of me ever buying anything from them again!

regards

BP

This offer has always been available to our customers in store and online also to our customers from far and wide. In our view the warranty is on the boot you have "now" not the original pair or previous pairs.
If our customers who are far away have a problem, we ask for a photo of the problem and deal with it this way, saves postage and hassle for the customer. Although we sometimes need to have the product back, in which case you get a freepost returns label for Royal Mail. Most rural posties will take the parcel off the customer when they deliver their regular mail. Couriers often don't cover the Highlands and Islands etc.
All our customers get free Royal Mail returns anyway on orders, so this is just an extension of this.

All the best
Andrew

Last edited:
Back