7mm mauser

old keeper

Hi, has anyone out there tried either RWS 128 grain or Norma 150 grain ammo in 7mm mauser. I am not certain the weights are spot on but is pretty close. I have been using 175 grain Fed: but would like something a bit lighter. Any views on this:confused:

how do you find the mauser, im thinking of getting one what modal have you got,do you know of a dealer in the UK.

Hi there Tolley, the rifle in question is a model 44B Heym single shot in 7x57 calibre (7mm Mauser). I think you mistook the calibre for the make of weapon!
The Heym is a beautiful little rifle, very light and extrmely well made. I was a tad dubious as to how it would cope in a fairly large calibre, but the round is a very soft one and even with a 175 grain bullet poses no problems. I am however looking to try some lighter rounds, hence my query. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck

Hi All,

I've recently bought a CZ550 in 7x57 (7mm Mauser). It's a great rifle and didnt cost an arm and a leg either.

I've Just bought some Federal 175 and 140gr ammo and hope to try it out as soon as i get my scope from the US. I'd like to try slightly other lighter ammo but may need to reload for this.

sp4rkman

I shoot 7x57R in my Combi. I use Norma 156grn Oryx. A great bullet but they cost a fortune I shoot roe with that round but have shot moose with it. 7x57 is a lovely mild shooting accurate round.

I reload 140 grain bullets but the poi for those and the 175 grain pills isnt too far apart at 100 yards. It wouldnt be a drama to use either on most woodland stalks.

RWS does a 123grn Cone point I seem to recall. You had best check if it's available here in the UK though or even still listed.

I dont know if you can get it, but for the price(in the us anyway) the Hornady 139 grain is deadly, accurate and cheaper than Norma. capt david

Rws cone pint 123g in 7x57 isvery flat shooting and know a couple of users who swear buy it for hill use.

Back