Soon, Soon!

You may remember Mark, I packed my ammo in a steel cash box inside my rifle box on the way out and was accepted, but on the way back was not 'allowed' fortunately you were there and kindly put my ammo in your Peli.
They make it up as they go along. !!

You may remember Mark, I packed my ammo in a steel cash box inside my rifle box on the way out and was accepted, but on the way back was not 'allowed' fortunately you were there and kindly put my ammo in your Peli.
They make it up as they go along. !!

Manchester airport is a lucky bag when dealing with firearms transit, you either get a complete clusterf*ck, or something close to it!, on the flip side if you are in Basel it can take as little as ten minutes to get through.

Slightly off topic but still part and parcel of a driven trip.
Advised by Croatia airlines to pack ammo in hold luggage suitcase as previous trip in November when all went well.
Arrive at LHR sent to security - No, ammo out not allowed to travel in hold luggage suitcase !!wtf
Take ammo out, small metal cash box, not particularly 'Airline Handler Proof' but non the less accepted by Security and off it goes.
Arrives in Zagreb on conveyor belt with rifle !! such a small box and easily identifiable as ammo due to the big red label.
Coming back, ammo in hold suitcase, weighed and off down the chute. firearm the usual procedure via customs/security with no trouble at all.
It isn't the rules that change, it is the staff and each has it's own interpretation of the rules.
Incidentally, our group had 13 pigs on the first day and 14 pigs and a Jackal on the second. Nearly a foot of snow and freezing cold so very difficult for the beaters.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but still part and parcel of a driven trip.
Advised by Croatia airlines to pack ammo in hold luggage suitcase as previous trip in November when all went well.
Arrive at LHR sent to security - No, ammo out not allowed to travel in hold luggage suitcase !!wtf
Take ammo out, small metal cash box, not particularly 'Airline Handler Proof' but non the less accepted by Security and off it goes.
Arrives in Zagreb on conveyor belt with rifle !! such a small box and easily identifiable as ammo due to the big red label.
Coming back, ammo in hold suitcase, weighed and off down the chute. firearm the usual procedure via customs/security with no trouble at all.
It isn't the rules that change, it is the staff and each has it's own interpretation of the rules.
Incidentally, our group had 13 pigs on the first day and 14 pigs and a Jackal on the second. Nearly a foot of snow and freezing cold so very difficult for the beaters.

Every time I go through an airport with a firearm there's always some kind of change, or generally no one knowing what to do at their end! Sounds like a good trip though eddy.??

27 days to go!, into Schonefeld this time.:stag::hind::fox:
images

Manchester airport is a lucky bag when dealing with firearms transit, you either get a complete clusterf*ck, or something close to it!

Ain't this the truth!!!! On my way back from Atlanta with my rifle I was met with the biggest shower of halfwits imaginable on the Flybe desk. Despite having all the correct paperwork, receipts, email acknowledgements, and firearms declarations the idiot on the desk decided the best way to deal with me was to call in the (armed) airport police, who then decided that a full PNC and in-depth interrogation was in order. The fact I had a valid UK passport, FAC, and correct travel documentation didn't seem to matter to them in the slightest, and they finally handed my rifle over to some random baggage-handler who wandered of with it. As it happened, he did actually put it on the A/C, but he could've buggered off with it for all I knew . . . . . I made my Edinburgh flight with about 5 minutes to spare. F*cking shower of completely useless idiots . . . .

And a letter of complaint to BASC and Manchester Chief of Police resulted in an immediate flurry of abso-fecking-lutely nothing . . . . .

Hope your trip has none of these hassles!!!

Last edited:
I hope my trip to Germany in the car! week after next will be less hassle after reading all this. Could let you know I suppose?

BC.

I hope my trip to Germany in the car! week after next will be less hassle after reading all this. Could let you know I suppose?

BC.

All the trips we did in the motors went OK, but we never knew if the ferry or the tunnel might suffer from the frog trade unions / fishermen / immigrants / refugees etc, least flying you should only have a momentary hiccup at Manchester.:D

Went to Bisley today, decided to leave the sound mod off for the trip less hassle, if Im told it must not be fitted, Faffing about changing scope settings with it on then different point of impact with it off,must remember the ear defenders, 30.06 tends to make me flinch a wee bit!

BC.

Went to Bisley today, decided to leave the sound mod off for the trip less hassle, if Im told it must not be fitted, Faffing about changing scope settings with it on then different point of impact with it off,must remember the ear defenders, 30.06 tends to make me flinch a wee bit!

BC.

im leaving my mod at home, taking 2 scopes 1 rifle (warne QR mounts) can’t wait counting the days.

Be interesting to hear how the tunnel plod/staff react to boomsticks on outgoing/incoming as I always go out on the boats from Dover and 80% of the time I get pulled into the security shed going out for the full monty (single driver with beard = dodgy).

Reactions: TH4
Now in the tunnel heading for a week on the German drive hunts, guns through border control in less than 10 mins In clouding the van getting a once over!

Happy days

Hope the forecast gales on Wednesday for Manchester area, don't delay our outward leg, the first half of our team are already on the ground, not heard ow't yet.

Well, Seems life really is a box of chocolates "You never know what your'e gonna get", on landing Manchester yesterday we had the fastest firearms check & exit ever, all four processed in one go, even faster than the fastest european airport, just having an induction for new work, that should have happened yesterday, will post a bit of colour when I get more settled in back home.

Roll on Sunday, off to Serbia for 4 days driven. Last trip was excellent, but very hard shooting, being the beginning of October, and still very Green.

Hoping for an even better trip with A1 Decoy, and it MUST be my turn for a really big Keiler this time :D

Back