Introduction

Hi All

my name is Jon 44 and from warwickshire, very interested in all aspects of deer stalking, at the moment muntjac in this part of the country, also fox shooting etc. Also enjoy training and shooting over spaniels and been fortunate to get two dogs to the spaniel championships a few years ago. Enjoy watching working with any type of gundog. would like to focus on my stalking and in the near future and join a sydicate, so if there is an opening I would be interested in hearing from you.

Currently shoot a 308 remington 700 tacticial XCR, .cz 17hmr and .22 rimfire. my shot guns are mainly used for shooting over spaniels so are in no great shape but safe!

last but not least a Leicester Tiger supporter!

all the best jon

B&w l&w

One of each the black and white was trained for deer and will track then sit next to them and bark although he has only had to be used on one occasion .
The liver and white i generaly use as a peg dog.

5ceaf695-1.jpg

Cheers
RICK O SHEA

One of the bitch pups went to Belgium,thats me. You where there to pick up your pup at the same moment that I was there. I see we have some common points of intrest.
I still am in dogs a lot, but have always had the "stalking" bug. I try explore this bug a bit more the last months. What about you? Still active with spaniels ?

yes that would be me however, not in that market at the present currently moving/looking for new position, have i placed you martin?

I remember, yes but not in the way i was a few years ago, still love spaniels and always will, however always enjoyed stalking when i get the chance and of any rifle shooting. My boys have taken my time over the past five years on the rugby seen, and i have become a RFU level two coach. so trialing in on the back burner but i keep in touch with some good guys that are still very active in trialing.

There where some good pupd that came out of that litter one who is on my site bit out of date that is now a champion dog called jake www.marstonmillgundogs.com check out kurls! a mate of mine owns him as i sold him at 12 months old thought id had better stuff in my kennels as it happened it did not turn out that way.

hows your bitch doing?

yes that would be me however, not in that market at the present currently moving/looking for new position, have i placed you martin?
Hello Jon Lee,
No you never did organise a project for me as I was usually based in Europe or the States on automotive design roles.
Small world,
I am north of Munich now ca. 70 miles and semi retired.
Martin

Jon, Hales, a number of years back I was in a spaniel syndicate above Penrith run by Mike Cottam, guest from the spaniel world used to come. I was wondering did you ever shoot there, members in those days were Eddy Atkinson,John Holloway,Morris Thurbon, Bernard Dutton

My bitch still is good. Very fit for her age. I still shoot over her. She was never brave enough in hard cover where game is scarce( like many modern English dogs) . So I never trialed her. Belgian trials are always run in hard woodland cover and no game released. 2 to 5 head of game shot by the end of the day. You need a dog that hits hard and dense cover with almost nothing in front of him. I bred her to a Bridevaley dog who had brambles as breakfast,lunch and dinner. This produced me the best bitch I ever had.

Smithp18: I never shot in the Penrith area. Do we speak about Eddy Atkinson , the Pyecross man ? I had once bought a pup from him. At that moment he had a few nice BW dogs in his kennels.

hello there no never shot there but i do know of eddy atkinson, john holloway and morris rings a bell i know that eddy and John (a cocker man) john and eddy both good judges and have judged me a few times, never won under them in spaniel trials in fact i did run against eddie in one of the championships. have you had ago at trialing a dog yet?

well, she was nothing like two of her brothers, i refer to jake and the one that got away was tony dog that he kept, but it did have its problems with noise however it could hunt and mark very well. over here now i get the impression its a well trained dog every time that will will over lets say a dog that needs a bit more handling because of the ground that they dont want them to take in if your with me.

I love a dog that hunts on concrete which sam did and try to now however its not every bodys "cup of tea" I ve just sold a young dog because of its softness nothing to to with sams breeding.

you should hopfully now breed some good stuff over there!

how long ago martin, any way i like the idea of semi retired, what are you shooting over in munich?

I have had 40 plus years in the automotive world, always being away from home and it did really cut into my field sports too much so now that the automotive development market is dead on its feet I cannot complain much and enjoy most evenings a stalking outing for roe and boar with the odd fox if it shows just 1km from my home as a guest stalker on another jägers permission.
Martin

Back