Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another poor piece on hunting....

I already posted a link to that in this thread, but I don't think it's a poor piece. A bit simplistic, but it's for an audience that knows nothing about this and isn't going to spend long on it. It's actually a decent objective report, and it's true that the number of hunters has fallen, and it is indeed for the reasons they've given. I mean obviously it's complex and nuanced, but there's nothing false or biased in that article.
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Don't think its a particularly poor piece, look around you the same thing is happening here, not a great deal of youngsters interested in taking up hunting, modern farming not great for wildlife look at the decline in brown hares and grey partridges .

Anti movement growing in strength, there are a lot of similarities.

Same as bogtrotter. an awful lot of similarities.
    a sign of things to come if more youngsters are not introduced to shooting.

The problem with shooting in France and to a lesser extent here is unless your very wealthy which few youngsters are in France its very difficult to get into.

"the clothes that make you look like you've walked in from a war zone"

i don't know what you chaps think, but i am not convinced that blaze orange is the latest in battlefield fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Don't think its a particularly poor piece, look around you the same thing is happening here, not a great deal of youngsters interested in taking up hunting, modern farming not great for wildlife look at the decline in brown hares and grey partridges .

Anti movement growing in strength, there are a lot of similarities.
    let me expand....

harming animals. - Is that what we do?

He had already missed a stag the previous week. What species were they hunting?
    It struggles on the ground for a moment before his dog finishes it off and brings it to its master. A beautiful bird. Still warm. - have you lads got crocodiles for gundogs? �

And the clothes that make you look like you've walked in from a war zone, - aye, okay Rambo

SD Regular
    Imagine if a future Government held a referendum on banning all forms of shooting animals except by, say, RSPCA licensed culling operatives, then you'd see the "Brexit vote" crowd here saying that Parliament must have the final say!

'The hare eat the pellets the farmers put down for the slugs and die.'

Was there not a thread recently about rabbits eating slug pellets and they were deemed safe to consume!!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    'The hare eat the pellets the farmers put down for the slugs and die.'

Was there not a thread recently about rabbits eating slug pellets and they were deemed safe to consume!!
    This article from the Telegraph back in early September would suggest otherwise: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...thal-for-dogs/
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!