Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Urban Foxes on tv

Urban Foxes on tv

Have jist finished watching a program on More 4 about Urban Foxes and the recent attack, it was quite interesting and surprisingly fair and reasonably balanced(i'm sure it's been on before but rehashed to include the attacks) Some of the footage and shots of them were amazing. Seen them walking along the roof ridge lines no problem, how the hell they got up there. When u see it it's a wonder u keep them out of ur pheasant pens at all.

They also had this loony from the fox protection lot hugging a kissing a rescued fox like u would a pup saying it wouldn't bite him. Its a shame it didn't Would really have made it worth watching. At the end a pest control boy shot 2 in a garden wi his 22 wi night vison gear, short range but the foxes dropped on the spot never moved an inch, very proffesional shooting and confident wi the cameras on u.

Also did anyone else hear the very start, i think i heard the tv voice/announcer boy saying the next documentry is about stalking but couldn't be sure. Did anyone else hear/see it and do they know if/when it's on

best bit was when the kid caged the mangy fox and told the old dear it was in such bad condition that it have to humanely put down, the old dear said "At the vets type thing?" The kid said "No, with a rifle!", she nearly had a blue fit. I really howlled, it was nearly as good as watching "Father Ted" afterwards. ATB callie

Meet the foxes? I watched it on 4od a while back but seems to have been taken off now, was pretty decent iirc

Watched this 2nite my self and must say it really was well balanced, excellent footage of foxes in some strange places, and the shooting of the dog and vixen was very professional and very humane all in an excellent insight to the life of the urban fox!!!!!

I saw it too here in Bavaria ( I have a 120 cm dish ), it surprised me that shooting from an upstairs window is a condoned practise in inner London "richochets etc", I do not personally have a problem with it as I pop them often in the woods but the tree huggers might.
    Then he is shown carrying the carcasses out to load onto the truck (where is his rifle? It seems either left unattended in the truck or likewise in the clients bathroom "I am role-playing the picky copper looking for brownie points now".
    But it was fairly well balanced programme.
    I would love to see a honest portayal of stalking with problems of RTOs also dealt with in the same vein as this sometime on TV.
    Martin
    Last edited by Bavarianbrit; 05-07-2010 at 11:02.

BB, this might sound a bit thick, but why would an upstairs window cause trouble?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Steve

It depends if the missus is still in the bath

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Its those pesky swiss rolls; they'll easily deflect a .22

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    BB, this might sound a bit thick, but why would an upstairs window cause trouble?
    The bullet could be passing through the quarry and pinging off a stone or hard surface then ending up in a third parties bedroom or body. Is that not due dilligence in a built up area?
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    The bullet could be passing through the quarry and pinging off a stone or hard surface then ending up in a third parties bedroom or body. Is that not due dilligence in a built up area?
    Martin
    Might be a risk in a garden around forty acres?................ suburban garden with an angle down of at least 40 degrees, what calibres were in use?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!