The .264 Winchester Magnum.

The 264 was never very popular up here . I've known a few people that used them . Two of them were Sheep freaks and one friend who hunted a lot in the short grass prairie down south for Pronghorn and Mulies . It is a capable round for medium game , but there are more practical cartridges . That being said , when I was younger , I used a welded up semi only BAR for White-Tails , so practicality is over-rated in my opinion .
If you feel the need for a 264 WM brother , I think you should get one , just because it is different .

AB aka the hurtin albertan

Is there anything you haven't owned AB? (He says without any envy what so ever!)

That being said , when I was younger , I used a welded up semi only BAR for White-Tails , so practicality is over-rated in my opinion .

AB aka the hurtin albertan

Was that a welded-up BAR as in the .30-06 US M1918 light machine-gun, made famous by the Dillinger Gang, Steve McQueen in 'The Sand Pebbles' and scores of other movies? Not your typical deer rifle! :confused:

Was that a welded-up BAR as in the .30-06 US M1918 light machine-gun, made famous by the Dillinger Gang, Steve McQueen in 'The Sand Pebbles' and scores of other movies? Not your typical deer rifle! :confused:

Yes it was . They fall under prohibited weapons now ( converted automatic ) , but back then it was just a semi auto . I had a semi only Bren as well , both were great rifles , heavy pigs , but great rifles . Hunting with them got old rather quickly ....... as I said , I was a lot younger .

AB

Is there anything you haven't owned AB? (He says without any envy what so ever!)

Yes there is , but I'm not dead yet . Muir on the other hand probably has owned everything......... two or three times . I do keep the number reasonable now , but I trade a lot . You can't own them all at once , but you can own all of them at least once .

AB

Last edited:
Yes there is , but I'm not dead yet . Muir on the other hand probably has owned everything......... two or three times . I do keep the number reasonable now , but I trade a lot . You can't own them all at once , but you can own all of them at least once .

AB

The way the other half life eh?

I have a 264 Wm Ruger M77 with a 24" Douglas barrel with 125 Nosler Partions it is faster than the 130 .270 Win and extremely accurate 1/2" 3 shot groups at 200 metres can't get it to shoot 5 shot groups that tight
goes to 1 1/2" at 200,
But I have never needed more than 2 shots on anything, for close shooting inside 100 metres I use Norma 156 RN at 2600fps 3 shots are a ragged hole,
After you fire a few shots at the range nobody bothers you to try a couple shots

Back