Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dsc 2 recomended graloch method

dsc 2 recomended graloch method

in the future i plan on taking my level 2, but im unsure how they prefer you to clean (graloch) deer.

whats the prefered method for dsc2 ??

thanks dan

Hi

I would suggest the bds video with chris howard . everything you need to know

ATB Steve

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Dan

Check this out as well: http://www.thedeerinitiative.co.uk/p...hing010509.pdf

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

You can use what method YOU like and are comfy with.
    AS long as the rules are follwed, External checks first, then all external cuts and then a gralloch watching out to avoid cross-contamination.
    Then a post-mortem of the nodes and organs.
    All my deer are taken in the fields and woods they are all roe and i like to see clients gralloch with as little meat exposed as possible as the deer will have to be extracted.
    If they suspend to gralloch I will like to see a field gralloch carried out on 1 beast. Just to show you can do 1 as a suspended gralloch is not practicle in ALL situations.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    You can use what method YOU like and are comfy with.
    AS long as the rules are follwed, External checks first, then all external cuts and then a gralloch watching out to avoid cross-contamination.
    Then a post-mortem of the nodes and organs.
    All my deer are taken in the fields and woods they are all roe and i like to see clients gralloch with as little meat exposed as possible as the deer will have to be extracted.
    If they suspend to gralloch I will like to see a field gralloch carried out on 1 beast. Just to show you can do 1 as a suspended gralloch is not practicle in ALL situations.
    Same

subscitribe to best practice guide its the best value for money there is and shows in good colour pics how to do it,also you should have it when you send in your level 2,it shows you care about doing it properly.

several youtube videos showing field gralochs, some very good

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    several youtube videos showing field gralochs, some very good
    True but be careful as there are some very bad ones too. I saw one where the two clowns involved used an axe! JC

I have never used an axe, but have used a bullet case, only because R.D.C. booklet said that if you lost your knife a bullet case could be used in an emergency, so I tried it yes it works , just flatten the mouth of the case and its sharp enough to perform a graloch, not the neatest of cuts but it does work.

Right just going to sharpen my axe.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    I have never used an axe, but have used a bullet case, only because R.D.C. booklet said that if you lost your knife a bullet case could be used in an emergency, so I tried it yes it works , just flatten the mouth of the case and its sharp enough to perform a graloch, not the neatest of cuts but it does work.

Right just going to sharpen my axe.
    Never tried it but have heard it works and theres the proof.
    you would fail the dsc 2 's first page p.c 1.4