Thread: SA Hunting

SA Hunting

In my experience there are a lot of SA outfitters who think us overseas hunters have oodles of dosh and hard currency to afford stupendous prices. Brexit - Wrong we earned beans we can count beans ! I suspect that those with special knowledge are keeping their secrets. It's difficult to find value on this site's recommendations. Wild horizons if you put up with the East London connection is certainly one that I can vouch for. http://www.Grasslandssafaris is another without the need for a domestic flight. Any suggestions welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by deerpath View Post
    In my experience there are a lot of SA outfitters who think us overseas hunters have oodles of dosh and hard currency to afford stupendous prices. Brexit - Wrong we earned beans we can count beans ! I suspect that those with special knowledge are keeping their secrets. It's difficult to find value on this site's recommendations. Wild horizons if you put up with the East London connection is certainly one that I can vouch for. http://www.Grasslandssafaris is another without the need for a domestic flight. Any suggestions welcome.
    Hi Rupert, I recommended Guy from Wild Horizons to you when we met on one of Malcs weeks in Scotland, great time had by all. I'm returning next year for my fifth time with Guy, as he really can supply whatever hunt, or species you want to take. He then personally oversees any taxidermy you may have had done, before they are dispatched to you. Myself and two mates lost several thousands of pounds we paid for deposits for our trophies to be prepared when hunting in Natal, and then to be sent to us from S.A.. The taxidermist just took our money and did nothing. This was 9 years ago, trying to recoup our deposits adding up to several thousands of pounds, from the other side of the world was a nightmare. The taxidermist merely went bust, then opened up again from the same premises. Next time with Guy I want to go sport fishing with him in Clint's fast boat, that looks a great day out. I'm used to the domestic internal flight, no issues at all for me as I'm so keyed up with the holiday at the end. The Taxidermist that fleeced us was called Supreme Taxidermy, it was run by an Asian son and his mother, based in East London, I will try and get any further details as I would not like anyone else to go through what we did. Appraisals and recommendations form satisfied clients are factual, companies and people can promise you anything, satisfied client's opinions are what counts. deerwarden

Hi John
    Yes I agree Guy and Clint were great but I dislike all that extra cattle class travelling to E. Cape. LHR to JNB is enough ! As for taxidermy - I don't have the memsahibs permission for any more wall decoration in the house ! And I prefer the hunt not the horn size for my bucks so management hunts only for me. 3 locations over 4 weeks this year and 26 animals and 337 birds. Hope your knee is well on the mend now ? R

Hi Deerpath, if you can put up with an extra flight I can definately recommend Namibia. Prices are about a third less than S.A. and there are animals every were. We flew to Windhoak for about 600.
    Tusker