Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing of bramble bushes

Removing of bramble bushes

Any recommendation how to remove large area's of bramble, 6-8 ' high, from an area (around a high seat) where it is almost impossible to do it with anything more than hand-tools. And yes, I do have a heavy-duty petrol motor strimmer with cutting blades rather than strings, and it is still a very awkward slow job. Thank you.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quad bike and harrows, rip it out. Need to spray at some point yo stop it regrowing

http://www.airecut.com/

These blades are brilliant and work well on my Husqvarna brushcutter hardly ever get choked and you can work at a decent pace.

Batter it with brushcutter in winter and then a spray with a decent brush and tree stump killer next spring and you should see a difference.

SBK Brushwood Killer in the Spring.

Have you tried a mulching blade they are only two blades but the they bend 90 degrees down about 2 inches, they are good medicine for brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Quad bike and harrows, rip it out. Need to spray at some point yo stop it regrowing
    Please dont spray. It causes cancer.

Could you get a Billy Goat brush mower in there? I've got a DR Power Field and Brush mower and there's not much that slows it down (although going through a large bank of brambles today, I did have to reverse out again and have another go as they're like steel cables...)

Diesel and a match should do the trick
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." LLAP Leonard Nimoy 1931 - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ben P View Post
    http://www.airecut.com/

These blades are brilliant and work well on my Husqvarna brushcutter hardly ever get choked and you can work at a decent pace.

Batter it with brushcutter in winter and then a spray with a decent brush and tree stump killer next spring and you should see a difference.
    + one on these blades , they made fairly light work of some serious brambles I had to cut ..

Quote Originally Posted by Home Loader View Post
    Have you tried a mulching blade they are only two blades but the they bend 90 degrees down about 2 inches, they are good medicine for brambles.
    +1
    this blade
    http://www.stihl.co.uk/STIHL-Product...der-blade.aspx

does this to broom (similar to gorse but not spiky for those that don't have the pleasure of clearing the stuff),
    its the downwards swatting motion that really gets it done.