Thread: 20G Steel Shot

20G Steel Shot

Anyone know of a supplier for 20g steel shot cartridges in the South please?
    Last edited by cervus; 05-11-2016 at 22:07.

Google "justcartrudges non toxic" and youll find their price list. Fair few makes on there.

For what it is worth I found steel in 20g really not good for both gun and killing. Went to bismuth or heavishot if you can get it. Yes it's expensive but you usually don't shoot tooo many in a session.

BE

Give wingers243. A pm on here. I purchased some bismuth 20g for geese From him, he may have some left and may be able to point you in the right direction for a stockist

good luck

phil

All I can say is; "Please Don't!"

We used steel shot one year on a shoot I belonged to, the results were dreadful, we had so many wounded birds it was appalling.

Even the science the Americans used to justify the lead shot ban is appalling, if you don't believe me find it online and have yourself a good laugh.

There are far better alternatives, Hevi-Shot being the best by far followed by Tungsten Matrix and then the new improved Bismuth (not as brittle as the older version).

Please, please, please don't use steel!! It is not humane in my opinion and the opinion of the chaps I shoot with.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Thanks Simon can,t beat practical experience...will change to another option! Cheers ,Tony

I dont have a problem with steel 32grm no 4 in 12guage out to 40yds after that 42grms no 1 for geese at the same range.
    It just takes a bit of getting use to.
    But not in a 20 guage
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY