Thread: Jeep with 1.4 petrol/1.6 automatic.

Jeep with 1.4 petrol/1.6 automatic.

I'm considering one of the above in automatic as my next car, with back and let problems, arthritis and general aches and pains, plus, I'm bald, fat and ugly (scotspine can confirm this), l was wondering if they would be a recommended vehicle and can someone give me true fuel economy figures.

Cheers.

Alan.
    Good judgement, comes from Experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by kernel gadaffi View Post
    I'm considering one of the above in automatic as my next car, with back and let problems, arthritis and general aches and pains, plus, I'm bald, fat and ugly (scotspine can confirm this), l was wondering if they would be a recommended vehicle and can someone give me true fuel economy figures.

Cheers.

Alan.
    my jeep wrangler is 4.0 litre petrol, 23.5 mpg! It's a real jeep.

Hi Alan
    If it helps your research the Renegade is a Fiat 500 X in Jeep guise. Is it the 9 speed auto you are looking at? If so there are issues with this unit.

Yorkie.

Thanks gents, l know its built in Italy and based on the Fiat, but given the problems I'm having with my back, getting in and out of a normal car is becoming difficult, I have issues with the seat height in normal cars and the last two motors I've had are a Ford C-Max and a Peugeot 3008, which were good, but now the result of my fall at work and the osteoarthritis l inherited from my mother is taking its toll, hence the idea behind a motor with a higher seat position.
    I spoke to a guy yesterday who informed me his 1.6 diesel Jeep returns 52mpg, l could live with that given the quoted figures are in the mid 60s. I'm not exactly expecting to climb mountains, but it will be useful an a couple of farms l have permissions on that aren't very undulating. Its really the seating position and fuel economy that interests me.
    Good judgement, comes from Experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Dont believe it,my m8 had 1 from a dealer in Burton and took it back after 4 weeks.They claimed 48mpg he never achieved more than 35 .As he claimed mileage for his job it proved the trip computer in the Jeep was as true as a Clinton
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Perhaps I'm out of date, but I never think of American vehicles as being light on fuel. I'm thinking about a Skoda Yeti at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Perhaps I'm out of date, but I never think of American vehicles as being light on fuel. I'm thinking about a Skoda Yeti at the moment.
    Not American these dAys, part of the fiat group. Now my Chrysler 300 (practically mercedes) that's the business (30mpg!)

Well my Subaru xv diesel is returning about 45mpg running around. Slow crawling off road kills the mpg but that's normal for any vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    Well my Subaru xv diesel is returning about 45mpg running around. Slow crawling off road kills the mpg but that's normal for any vehicle.
    Great motor that. I probably should have bought one of those but the Chrysler is massive which over rules the mpg issue for my family at the moment!
    Sorry for going off thread.