Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One good thing if Trump gets it.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA

One good thing if Trump gets it.

I predict that within 6 months there will be a gun glut like this country has never seen. All those folks that shelled out big money to buy a gun because they thought that Obama was going to take them away will realize that they don't really need a gun and sell them. Components and ammo will become available again and I will be able to buy some ammo for my .22s. Since Obama got elected, I can't go to the woods and not find every place where a car can park to be littered with brass, and I mean good brass. Mostly pistol and .223 brass. The left behind brass tells me that most of the shooters were not really "shooters", they were just new people into shooting and wanted to tryout their new gun. I'll wager that the new gun has been put up and not shot since it was first tried out. Our current situation reminds me of the S&W 29 with the 8 3/8" barrel. After Dirty Harry came out, every movie goer wanted one and S&W burnt the midnight oil making them. Then in the late 80s and 90s, they were all over the place. I actually bought a 629 with the long barrel in 2005 for $350. It was in mint condition. I hated the beast and couldn't shoot it worth a darn with mag loads so I unloaded it. On the other hand, if Mrs. C gets it and manages to stay out of jail, it will go the other way.

Nostradamus Jr.

SD Regular
    My late mother bought me a 6 1/2" barrel Model 29-2 for my twenty-first birthday in 1978. That was nice of her wasn't it. A three screw "Bangor Punta"...so no diamond grips but at least pinned and recessed. Which I know you'll understand. In the wood box with the flocked plastic blue inserts that cracked in the cold British weather eventually.

SD Regular
    There can be no upside if Mr Trump wins and no redemption for those who support his politics without critical examination- America is on the cusp of a new era of isolation and phobias. Just MO

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    There can be no upside if Mr Trump wins ...
    Oh, I don't know. It will give the Beeb and all the wishy-washy hand wringing liberals something else, other than Brexit, to bang on about...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country View Post
    Oh, I don't know. It will give the Beeb and all the wishy-washy hand wringing liberals something else, other than Brexit, to bang on about...
    Hello there! I look forward to a change!
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello there! I look forward to a change!

Please God, don't we all...?

There can be no upside if Mr Trump wins and no redemption for those who support his politics without critical examination- America is on the cusp of a new era of isolation and phobias. Just MO
    Enough with the absolutes - there is always an upside somewhere. In the case of Trump, the upside is that a corrupt criminal is not sitting in the whitehouse selling the US off to the highest donor to her foundation. The downside would be that my ammo stocks would be worth less. I actually partially paid for my first trip to Scotland by riding the Ammo bubble. Pre-Obama I had bought quite a bit of 5.56/.223 Ammo (not enough if I had known what I could sell it for). I paid $20/100 rds and was able to sell for $55/100 rds when Obama was elected.

So those that critically examine his policies and support him are fine...

I find it ironic that on this side of the Atlantic the left criticises him for being isolationist and yet bemoans the fact that the UK narrowly voted to reject EU isolationism!

But nevertheless I'm stocked up with powder, primers, brass and bullets... Fortunatlely before the the great Sterling correction too...
    Last edited by JabaliHunter; 08-11-2016 at 09:03.

SD Regular
    On the banks of the Columbia River, Portland OR. USA
    I didn't mean to start a political ruckus, but one common theme coming from some of the European countries is that Trump is an isolationist. Most of the time all we hear is America out of our business and Yankee go home. Now we have a guy who wants to stay out of the worlds business and he's an isolationist. I see S&W stock was only up about .61 cents today, perhaps that is a tell tail that The Donnel is in???? Good for you Coot, we also benefited from the Obama scare by selling brass on EBAY. That is until they found out what we were doing and shut us down. No gun related stuff on EBAY. Commies.
    Last edited by A Guy Out West; 07-11-2016 at 23:14.

Blog Entries
    I think the big question is who would Mr Putin vote for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.