Thread: Good S/H Scope

Good S/H Scope

Hi all,
    I am in the market for a good secondhand scope, I would prefer a vari-mag with a 30mm tube and a 50mm or bigger objective lens as most of my stalking is in low light at the moment. I am on a budget at the moment so can't afford a new z6 or anything like that! Let me know what you have got.
    Cheers,

Neil

Hi Neil, I have a Pecar Berlin 4-10 x 56 Variable which is on a par with Zeiss, S & B etc for quality. Ask anyone that knows their scopes and they will confirm the quality of this glass. It is a 26mm steel tube but i have leupold 26mm STD rings which you can have with it. You would just need Leupold STD bases for your rifle then. It is in excellent condition with original lens covers. It has a No.14 Reticle which is a tapered post and thin rail which is excellent in poor light conditions.
    Yours for 300 posted with insurance.
    Regards,
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Hi Neil, I have a Pecar Berlin 4-10 x 56 Variable
    How old is the scope? I have just Bought new Leupold bases and 30mm rings which is why I was after a 30mm tube really, but I will be seriously considering the offer as I had a Pecar 6x42 on my old 243 and it was a great scope.
    Cheers,
    Neil

I have no idea how old it is Neil but it is irrelevant really as they are not made anymore and therefore can have no existing warranties. What I do know, is that it is a solid scope which will probably outlast both me and you as well as our grandchildren! I used it for 3 years before upgrading to a swarovski with illuminated reticle but to be honest the glass is no better. The illumination gives me a little longer but it needs it before the Pecar would have as it is a 50mm objective! If you've got Leupold STD bases you are there!
    Regards,
    MS

i have a swarovski 4-12x50 and a swarovski 6-24 x50 for sale pm me if interested

As your stuff is up for sale Wildfire and you are trying to ruin others posts, perhaps you would like to append prices to yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil13 View Post
    How old is the scope? I have just Bought new Leupold bases and 30mm rings which is why I was after a 30mm tube really, but I will be seriously considering the offer as I had a Pecar 6x42 on my old 243 and it was a great scope.
    Cheers,
    Neil
    Neil,
    Can you let me know by the end of today if you want the Pecar please? I've had numerous offers for it from other members (for even more money), but I will honour my offer to yourself first. Obviously I can't hold the offer indefinitely.
    Regards,
    MS

SD Regular
    I have a surplus to my needs 30mm bodied B.Nickel Marburg 1.5-6x42 M.

This is the more modern Nickel Marburg with "image moving" and not "reticule moving" zero adjustment. (In other words when you add windage or elevation the reticule stays where it is - like all modern 'scopes).

I am in Leicester.

Reticule is typical "German Post" and is of the front focal plane type so the reticle remains at same constant magnification size as the target magnification size.

The magnification ring is marked (to help an "exact x times magnification such as 3x needs to be set to be legal in Poland on boar) 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x.

Nickel Marburg do still exist and their items are as good as any Zeiss.

I would prefer buyer to meet, inspect, collect and pay.

Cost is 285.00 including meeting within thirty miles of Leicester - for example A1 SOUTH Peterborough or A1 NORTH Grantham Services, M1 SOUTH Watford Gap Services, M1 NORTH Trowell Services, M6 Hilton Park Services.

Please PM me if interested.