Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question of triggers

A question of triggers

Recently I purchased a 223 T3 lite but can't get to grips with the trigger, it seems to be all or nothing, I've adjusted from max to min to no avail, I don't fancy the single set trigger, to much of a hair for my liking, and would like something with a bit of take up, a bit more "feel " if you follow my drift. So if any of you lads or lassies can recommend atriger system I'm all ears. cheers callie.

Hi Callie i had a problem with my remington 700 trigger really awful, i changed it for a jewell trigger, i fitted it myself with a little work with a dremel and it has transformed the rifle. i think it came from jacksons, give them a ring and see if they have an aftermarket trigger for your model
    regards geoff

I don't know about a T3, but if it is a combined single/set trigger, check the "adjustment" is not actually for the set trigger only - the fixed trigger may not be adjustable from the outside ?

i have the same gun, and the same problem, to heavy a trigger, come factory set betwenn 3 and 4lb, mine is now set at 1 3/4lbs now and is smooth.
    Last edited by mayfly; 06-07-2010 at 15:36.

Jewel are great triggers but they are single stage ! If you want a double stage trigger you need a GC trigger from Jacksons Rifles . Google them and ask for Peter Jackson.

geoffrey, qwerty, mayfly, splash, gents first of all thanks for the info, when I posted the thread I went surfing, looking for after sales trigs, and, daft as it sounds, forgot what forum I was on and have just found it,doh! geoff, I'll bell jacksons and see what they've got, cheers. qwerty, mayfly, I've adjusted the trigger from max to min and back again to no avail, it still doesn't feel right. Splash, same reply as I've given to geoffrey, when trawling the web I did find a trigger, wrote details down on a "sticky" and now I've managed to lose that, I'm getting worse as I get older!! Thanks again lads, callie.

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    geoffrey, qwerty, mayfly, splash, gents first of all thanks for the info, when I posted the thread I went surfing, looking for after sales trigs, and, daft as it sounds, forgot what forum I was on and have just found it,doh! geoff, I'll bell jacksons and see what they've got, cheers. qwerty, mayfly, I've adjusted the trigger from max to min and back again to no avail, it still doesn't feel right. Splash, same reply as I've given to geoffrey, when trawling the web I did find a trigger, wrote details down on a "sticky" and now I've managed to lose that, I'm getting worse as I get older!! Thanks again lads, callie.

cracking trigger the jewell but they dont make a trigger for the tikka. the cg two stage trigger is what your after. but i think jackson rifles have stopped doing them now to. no bull on here had a cg trigger on his tikka t3 hunter. and they are superb you might be able to get one still if you ask about
    Last edited by jay 22; 08-07-2010 at 08:10.

jay 22:- that's saved me phone call to jacksons, have found the " sticky " on it is the info for timney trig at sportsman gun centre, I'll try them tomorrow, just might get lucky, cheers, callie,

Quote Originally Posted by callie View Post
    jay 22:- that's saved me phone call to jacksons, have found the " sticky " on it is the info for timney trig at sportsman gun centre, I'll try them tomorrow, just might get lucky, cheers, callie,
    your welcome callie. i would check about 1st tho before you get the timney. as you might come across the cg somewhere.

if you ever get a trigger for the tikka i would be interested in a link or contact. not that my tika needs 1, just id be open to upgrades etc.
    jacksons ahve no triggers for the tikka and dont have any production plans for it either within the next 12 months.