A question of triggers

callie

Recently I purchased a 223 T3 lite but can't get to grips with the trigger, it seems to be all or nothing, I've adjusted from max to min to no avail, I don't fancy the single set trigger, to much of a hair for my liking, and would like something with a bit of take up, a bit more "feel " if you follow my drift. So if any of you lads or lassies can recommend atriger system I'm all ears. cheers callie.

Hi Callie i had a problem with my remington 700 trigger really awful, i changed it for a jewell trigger, i fitted it myself with a little work with a dremel and it has transformed the rifle. i think it came from jacksons, give them a ring and see if they have an aftermarket trigger for your model
regards geoff

I don't know about a T3, but if it is a combined single/set trigger, check the "adjustment" is not actually for the set trigger only - the fixed trigger may not be adjustable from the outside ?

i have the same gun, and the same problem, to heavy a trigger, come factory set betwenn 3 and 4lb, mine is now set at 1 3/4lbs now and is smooth.

Last edited:
Jewel are great triggers but they are single stage ! If you want a double stage trigger you need a GC trigger from Jacksons Rifles . Google them and ask for Peter Jackson.

geoffrey, qwerty, mayfly, splash, gents first of all thanks for the info, when I posted the thread I went surfing, looking for after sales trigs, and, daft as it sounds, forgot what forum I was on and have just found it,doh! geoff, I'll bell jacksons and see what they've got, cheers. qwerty, mayfly, I've adjusted the trigger from max to min and back again to no avail, it still doesn't feel right. Splash, same reply as I've given to geoffrey, when trawling the web I did find a trigger, wrote details down on a "sticky" and now I've managed to lose that, I'm getting worse as I get older!! Thanks again lads, callie.

geoffrey, qwerty, mayfly, splash, gents first of all thanks for the info, when I posted the thread I went surfing, looking for after sales trigs, and, daft as it sounds, forgot what forum I was on and have just found it,doh! geoff, I'll bell jacksons and see what they've got, cheers. qwerty, mayfly, I've adjusted the trigger from max to min and back again to no avail, it still doesn't feel right. Splash, same reply as I've given to geoffrey, when trawling the web I did find a trigger, wrote details down on a "sticky" and now I've managed to lose that, I'm getting worse as I get older!! Thanks again lads, callie.

cracking trigger the jewell but they dont make a trigger for the tikka. the cg two stage trigger is what your after. but i think jackson rifles have stopped doing them now to. no bull on here had a cg trigger on his tikka t3 hunter. and they are superb you might be able to get one still if you ask about

Last edited:
jay 22:- that's saved me phone call to jacksons, have found the " sticky " on it is the info for timney trig at sportsman gun centre, I'll try them tomorrow, just might get lucky, cheers, callie,

jay 22:- that's saved me phone call to jacksons, have found the " sticky " on it is the info for timney trig at sportsman gun centre, I'll try them tomorrow, just might get lucky, cheers, callie,

your welcome callie. i would check about 1st tho before you get the timney. as you might come across the cg somewhere.

if you ever get a trigger for the tikka i would be interested in a link or contact. not that my tika needs 1, just id be open to upgrades etc.
jacksons ahve no triggers for the tikka and dont have any production plans for it either within the next 12 months.

if you ever get a trigger for the tikka i would be interested in a link or contact. not that my tika needs 1, just id be open to upgrades etc.
jacksons ahve no triggers for the tikka and dont have any production plans for it either within the next 12 months.

CG triggers are now manufactured by Whidden Gunworks in the USA, I have had some dialogue with them and it seems they have no plans at present to do either a Tikka or Sako version of the new model. Shame , but that's the situation as I understand it.

Neil McKillop did a great job on my Sako75 trigger by ferkling and changing springs, improved it no end.

The only other alternative that I have heard of is by Barnard in New Zealand but that is a match trigger without a safety, hence not good for a stalking rifle.

I have come to the conclusion that the market isn't large enuff for anyone to be bothered with sorting out Sako or Tikka triggers.

Best

Peter

MAYFLY:- if I find any thing out I'll let you know, at present what I do know is that there's some silly prices out there, I paid £550 for the tikka new and they're asking £300 for a trig, methinks not!!! ATB callie

TIKKA260 :- Hi peter thanks for the info, I'll keep looking, you never know I might just get lucky,ATB callie

TIKKA260 :- Hi peter thanks for the info, I'll keep looking, you never know I might just get lucky,ATB callie

Callie

IF you find anything for either the Tikka or the Sakos, grab a handful, they'll go like hot cakes.

Best

P

This one of these occasions where one remembers all the clever words about
"don't buy a remmy...they have so many aftermarket bits because they need them..."

hey at least one can choose..

I also just bought a T3 Lite, slightly used. I'm sure someone worked on the trigger because it seems a bit better than one would expect but still far away from a good trigger.
Best factory trigger I had was a tuned Howa, set at 700grams and stayed that way.

edi

EJG:- been a sod of a day, MOT ran out dinner time, managed to book it in this afternoon and it passed,phew, so haven't managed to sort this trigger yet, thinking about it, do you know I've had some air rifles with better trigs, crazy, I'll get sorted one way or another. callie

Tikka260:- tellyou what Peter, if I'd got a drawing I'd have a go at making one, I've got a lathe, miller, pedestal drill and contacts for stainless, good knowledge of tempering and hardening, its a thought you know. callie

Tikka260:- tellyou what Peter, if I'd got a drawing I'd have a go at making one, I've got a lathe, miller, pedestal drill and contacts for stainless, good knowledge of tempering and hardening, its a thought you know. callie

Definitely a thought, and an interesting project.

BTW, I did try to get a Jard trigger fitted in my Sako75, but one of the better riflesmiths couldn't manage to get it to work without slam firing, so that was a non starter as well.

I would have thought that there was a market for a custom trigger for the Tikkas and Sakos, but apparently not in sufficient numbers to make it worthwhile. I guess that compared to the factory offerings from the likes of the much loved Remingtons and Rugers the Tikka and Sako triggers are deemed acceptable or even good by the average buyer. Ho Hum.

Let me know if you eventually come up with a workable, reliable alternative, as I have no intention of changing to a Remmy and all the other clunky aftermarket kit that's available for them. I exclude Jewell triggers from that remark, as they are superb. But the various magazine systems and so on, dreadful IMHO, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Best

Back