What to wear?

victory01

This may be in the wrong section, however.

I'm going wild boar shooting in Roumania next week. will I look like a Bellend if I wear Breeks and a Barbour jacket?

Do I have to invest in some fancy camo clothing like the Americans wear?

Regards

I'm going wild boar shooting in Roumania next week. will I look like a Bellend if I wear Breeks and a Barbour jacket?

Regards

Driven or stalked?

If driven then I wear green trousers and a green jacket, but not tweed or a Barbour. You will be wearing a high-vis tabard so it's not exactly a fashion shoot ;). Most likely you'll be standing around for some time, so keeping warm (and dry) will be paramount, so hat and gloves as necessary.

Or you could go the continental route and wear full loden!

Stalked

probably with some time in a box

the misses has a blue cape made out of that stuff she might let me borrow

Not sure about blue!

If stalked (which I haven't done) then I'd wear normal lowland deer stalking stuff, though again not really tweeds and barbour - the former I don't find waterproof and the latter too noisy.

Have a look at some of the Driven Boar videos, take no notice of the shooting, the blank bits and waiting time has been cut out !
Have a look at the clothing as the guys walk into position.
You will see allsorts of jackets and trousers, very rarely a suit and even more rarely breeches, in fact I only know one or two that wear breaches and they aren't the normal 'pig shooter' they posed more of a fashion statement !!
I wear green/brown Deer Hunter high back Montana trousers or Harkila gortex, sometimes I wear a tweed jacket or a Jhakti Jahct jacket, The jacket isn't that important as long as it keeps you warm as you may have to wear a hi viz vest or arm bands.
It is also very important to make sure you have some decent footwear, either ankle boots with gaiters or high boots. I would not suggest wellies unless high quality as they will make you sweat and when required to sit in a high seat/house you will freeze your tootsies off.

Thanks for the advice chaps i have bought a pair of Harkila trousers from bushwear
I shall be wearing my lowas

Have a look at some of the Driven Boar videos, take no notice of the shooting, the blank bits and waiting time has been cut out !
Have a look at the clothing as the guys walk into position.
You will see allsorts of jackets and trousers, very rarely a suit and even more rarely breeches, in fact I only know one or two that wear breaches and they aren't the normal 'pig shooter' they posed more of a fashion statement !!
I wear green/brown Deer Hunter high back Montana trousers or Harkila gortex, sometimes I wear a tweed jacket or a Jhakti Jahct jacket, The jacket isn't that important as long as it keeps you warm as you may have to wear a hi viz vest or arm bands.
It is also very important to make sure you have some decent footwear, either ankle boots with gaiters or high boots. I would not suggest wellies unless high quality as they will make you sweat and when required to sit in a high seat/house you will freeze your tootsies off.

I'm sure you remember the couple in Loden ;) :D

Some of the headwear can be quite entertaining, we see the same items everytime & we don't need to see the face underneath, we know exactly who it is, also seems to denote where you are from too!:D

Regards

you WILL look like a bellend wearing camo. Boar have pretty poor eyesight if you are stalking them. Their sense of smell and hearing however are superb.

Back