Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New press & trimmer

New press & trimmer

I'm in the market for a new press and case trimmer, what's the recommendations guys. What do you use?
    I'm still using the Lee ones I got in a kit, works fine but just looking for something with a bit more strength for when I'm full length resizing. Also want to get away from using a cordless drill for trimming.
    Cheers

Bryan

Alba gu brąth
    Blaser R8 Professional Success 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

I have a Forster press. the best press i have ever used in over 30 years of reloading. Full length resizing is a doddle with it.
    Case trimmer is a Forster Original trimmer.
    I confess i do like Forster gear.
    Having said that, i did well enough for many years with Lee gear.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    rcbs rock chucker supreme best I have had and had it 20 years

case trimmers are now drill attachments and will not look base, worlds finest trimmers 20 tac and 6mmbr.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Nothing wrong with lee presses. I used to load all my 338LM on a hand press, and thats full length sizing too. And thats a big bit of brass to size.

If you think full length sizing is 'too hard' then you need to look at how you are doing it, lubes etc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

If you think full length sizing is 'too hard' then you need to look at how you are doing it, lubes etc.

Now no one said it was too hard & I'm sure I don't need to look at how I'm doing it as all is well with the reloading thus far, no stuck cases etc etc!
    All I said was that the Lee equipment worked perfectly fine but I was looking for a press with more strength to it. Basically looking to upgrade my equipment piece by piece as I enjoy the reloading side of the Sport so much.

Cheers

Bryan

Alba gu brąth
    Blaser R8 Professional Success 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

I changed to a Lee De-Luxe trimmer, fits in the press, couple of turns and it is trimmed as well as chamfered in and out. There are one thou. click stops to trim a little shorter if required. Well worth the £20 or thereabouts and very quick and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfoot1 View Post
    I changed to a Lee De-Luxe trimmer, fits in the press, couple of turns and it is trimmed as well as chamfered in and out. There are one thou. click stops to trim a little shorter if required. Well worth the £20 or thereabouts and very quick and accurate.

That's what I use...takes a little getting used to but makes trimming a doddle ...

Hi Enigma

If when you buy a new press you want to offload your Lee my friend is looking for one.

Pm if you want to do a little business in due course

Cheers

OOPs that should have been to Jackfish. Apologies

I have a Redding Big Boss press, and a Forster case trimmer,can't fault them.
    Last edited by whinfell; 09-11-2016 at 10:34.