Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you SD

Thank you SD

Hello everyone,

I am a 14-yr-old Welsh girl, been interested in shooting since I was about 9. First had a go with an air-rifle on the BASC stand at a show, then dad bought one for me to practice with. I've now upgraded to a PCP in .22 calibre, built by Ripley Rifles. I got my FAC just after my 14th birthday, and now also have a .22LR which was given to me by another SD member (thank you so much ).
    Yesterday I passed my DSC1 . This was partly funded by the SD bursary scheme, so a really big thanks to all of you who have supported me in doing this.
    I have also done some shotgun shooting (pigeon decoying with .410) and go beating regularly, but really I prefer rifle shooting. I would like to be able to shoot competitively, so have joined Army Cadets for that purpose.
    Eventually I hope to follow a career in game & wildlife management or something like that.
    Thank you all once again.

Diolch yn fawr iawn i bawb sydd wedi fy heplu i gwblhau'r cwrs DSC1 ac sydd wedi fy nghefnogi ym mhob ffordd. Edrychaf ymlaen i sgwrsio gyda chi ar y fforwm.
    Last edited by Mouse; 08-11-2016 at 22:52. Reason: Spelling!

Great start, welcome aboard.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Well done on passing your dsc1. I hope you enjoy working through all there is to learn to gain level 2. Great to hear of new young people becoming involved in the countryside. Happy hunting.

welcome and enjoy

Brilliant news on you passing your DSC 1 - very well done

Well done you and to SD for their bursary scheme that helped you achieve a start in this sport and what may ultimately be your career.

Congratulations on passing your Level 1. Good luck with your future ambitions I hope you achieve all your dreams.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Well done and welcome.

Welcome to the site, never doubted for a moment you would pass. Got y our email thanks and you are most welcome.

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses