Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: US manages to Trump shock of Brexit

  1. #1

    US manages to Trump shock of Brexit

    If we can find the buttons, let's hit CTRL ALT DEL and reset the world...

    Not sure what the long term will bring, but the short term is going to get interesting on both sides of The Pond.

    Good luck all
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako P94S .22lr
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  2. #2
    Very similar phenomena, it's just that in the wider scheme of things, no-one cares that much what the UK does. The US however...

    Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

  3. #3
    Perhaps the message from people both in Europe and the USA is that they are fed up with the inept condescending attitude of mainstream politicians?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Perhaps the message from people both in Europe and the USA is that they are fed up with the inept condescending attitude of mainstream politicians?
    That sums up my thoughts.

  5. #5
    Yes, certainly, that's clear. But what do you expect to change now that you've elected these guys? Not in terms of platitudes about getting your country back or making America great. Which particular inept measures do you expect to be rectified now and how?

    Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
    "Wishy washy hand-wringing diversified all encompassing liberal"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Perhaps the message from people both in Europe and the USA is that they are fed up with the inept condescending attitude of mainstream politicians?
    OK but personaly I felt that the words Inept and condesending were in the dictionary under "Trump"

    If the USA wanted a reformist, Berni Sanders would have won a landslide victory

    From where I sit they voted for a racist gung ho agent provocateur whos going to be in support of an Oligarchy for the USA

    I am strugling to see the benifit to the people???


    I am however very interested to see if his buisness tax concept works in the USA like it did in Hong Kong. (assuming he can get it past congress and off the ground)

    If it does it could have wide rangeing impacts on the western world

    I have always felt it would e a good system but that the "working public" wouldn't tolerate it.

    In my own little buisness microcosum I have a couple of good years and that results in pay rises and new equipment / upgrades for the men that work for me. I struggle and its the reverse

    SO reducing my red tape and cutting my corperation tax WILL have a trickle down effect to the PAYE sector but the reaction to big tax cuts for buisness in the media might not be well received.
    Last edited by Chasey; 09-11-2016 at 10:00.

  7. #7
    I think that it remains to be seen whether or not both Brexit & Trump are good or bad things although the world around us did not collapse as predicted before the EU vote.

    Perhaps the media are too much led by the political establishment and it may be better to judge people by what they actually achieve rather than by press led hysteria?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    ........Perhaps the media are too much led by the political establishment and it may be better to judge people by what they actually achieve rather than by press led hysteria?
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

    Ctrl-Alt FACT

  9. #9
    I think with both Brexit and Trump, the respective electorates have just hit CTRL ALT DEL!

    The silent majority have voiced their dis-satisfaction with the mainstream politics of spin, liberalism and globalisation.

    Most people want to be able to earn a living, feed their families and feel safe in their own homes and communities.
    Most people just want to continue living their lives as they have done for generations without interferrence from the authorities.
    Many fear change, and the pace of change over the last decade has been rapid, and the individual has not always seen any benefit of that change.

    Only a small but very vocal minority really care about issues like transgender equality and badger culls.

    I think Trump will be good for the hardworking American people, and America.
    As for the rest of the world? It all depends on how the rest of the world chooses to deal with him.

  10. #10
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Cornwall/Smoke/East Anglia
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheasant Feeder View Post
    I think with both Brexit and Trump, the respective electorates have just hit CTRL ALT DEL!

    The silent majority have voiced their dis-satisfaction with the mainstream politics of spin, liberalism and globalisation.

    Most people want to be able to earn a living, feed their families and feel safe in their own homes and communities.
    Most people just want to continue living their lives as they have done for generations without interferrence from the authorities.
    Many fear change, and the pace of change over the last decade has been rapid, and the individual has not always seen any benefit of that change.

    Only a small but very vocal minority really care about issues like transgender equality and badger culls.

    I think Trump will be good for the hardworking American people, and America.
    As for the rest of the world? It all depends on how the rest of the world chooses to deal with him.

    Well said.

Similar Threads

  1. Trump
    By Sidewinder in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 26-10-2016, 18:11
  2. Brexit means Brexit!
    By A Guy Out West in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 27-07-2016, 14:25
  3. Who manages Conservation organisations deer?
    By Splinter14 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 10:31
  4. My View of the Trump Comments, who made TRUMP?
    By Sidewinder in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 23-03-2016, 22:12
  5. Mr Trump..
    By Eyefor in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2015, 09:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •