Trump Wins - One American's Perspective

Cootmeurer

Trump Won Last Night and I thought I would provide some perspective from someone that took part.

Firstly - the USA is a Center Right Nation and the voting showed that last night. We are not Alt-Right or Hard Right, but we are clearly Right of Center. None of the Center Left or Left leaning changes that have occurred over the past 6 years were democratically enacted. Those changes were either Executive Orders, Judicially Directed, or enacted during the first 2 years of Obama when the Democratic/Left controlled both houses of Congress.

Secondly - The election numbers are coming in but this appears to be an all time record of votes. Higher than even Obama's first election. This is most likely due to the "Silent Majority" of people that became so disaffected by a non-responsive Govt that they dropped out of voting - but returned this time to vote for an outsider

Thirdly - the Cabal of Main Stream Media, Pollsters, and Election Planners is not dead - but they are severely wounded. They have shown that the groups that they supposedly market to or control (maybe one and the same) are no longer under their thumb. They have lost their power to sway or push/predict - which dramatically decreases their value.

Fourth - The Republican party survived but barely. An outsider that they did not want, and did not support, took the reigns and rode to victory. He did so by bringing in previously untapped voters (either new votes or dormant votes). If they attempt to continue business in the same old way, they will fall. I expect many are already falling (probably looking to retire in the next 2-4 years).

Fifth - No one likes a cheat, especially a corrupt cheat. Except for partisans that will vote their party regardless, Hillary was viewed as a corrupt lying cheat (or some combination of those three words) and was rebuked.

Sixth - Just like Brexit for you all, currently the DOW and the Dollar are dropping but will almost certainly be far less painful than all the doomsayers forecast.

Seventh - our Supreme court will remain Center Right Balanced with a respect for the Constitution. Attempts to move it to Center Left have been halted.

Eight - This was also a repudiation of 8 years of Obama. He promised change, which we got, but did not deliver prosperity. When the economy was #1 he enacted a slew of social leftwing proposals/events. He was always more hype than substance (for example - A Nobel Peace prize for Taking Office - not for doing anything, but basically for being "Not Bush") and the people have repudiated him. He spent the last week or two rallying the faithful and putting out more for Hillary than any other previous president (he crossed a lot of lines that most presidents had not crossed in lobbying for a successor).

Ninth - The people also spoke by leaving the Senate (our Upper House) in the hands of the Republicans. Even if Hillary had been elected, this would have severely limited her power. According to the Media this was the going to be the year the Senate returned to the Democrats because they had so many fewer seats to defend.

Lastly - In case you want to know - Yes I did vote for Trump, very very reluctantly. He is very much an imperfect man and we will probably have some diplomatic gaffes of epic proportions, but at the end of the day he was the lesser of two evils.

Interesting. Would you mind if I quote it elsewhere?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Trump meets Barry to take the reins.

Last edited:
A typical media lie about Trump.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34903577

10. Muslims should not be admitted to the US. In a press release published in the wake of the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino, California, Trump wrote that he is "calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on". The release created a huge backlash, including a petition submitted to British Parliament demanding that Trump not be allowed into the country. He's since gone back on the announcement, instead saying that he would put in place "extreme vetting" for anyone wishing to immigrate to the US.

Since he said this, Trump has been almost universally quoted as only saying that Muslims should not be admitted to the USA. I do not think I have seen in any media article on this that has included the words "...until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on". Interestingly, even though those words are printed in this article it is angled as if they don't exist. Saying he would put in place 'extreme vetting' doesn't contradict his initial full statement and so does not go back on anything.

Spoke to 8 people in NYC this morning 6 voted Trump. All work on Wall Street with ethnically diverse backgrounds. Like you say Trump beat the Republican Party, Hilary and the left.

He may yet of course scupper himself with a sordid pussy-grabbing episode...

Yeah the evil demonrats tried that already, how did that work out?

clinton and Trump walk into a bar....

Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says,
“The media is really tearing you apart for that Scandal.”
Hillary: “You mean my lying about Benghazi?”
Trump: “No, the other one.”
Hillary: “You mean the massive voter fraud?”
Hillary: “You mean the military not getting their votes counted?”
Hillary: “Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?”
Hillary: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?”
Hillary: “Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?”
Hillary: “You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?”
Hillary: “Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?”
Hillary: “You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?”
Hillary: “Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?”
Trump: “No the other one:”
Hillary: “Turning Libya into chaos?”
Hillary: “Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa?”
Hillary: “Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi?”
Hillary: “Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?”
Hillary: “The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the “moderate” terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya?
Hillary: “The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII?”
Hillary: “Leaving Iraq in chaos? ”
Hillary: “The DOJ spying on the press?”
Hillary: “You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?”
Hillary: “Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?”
Hillary: “The NSA monitoring citizens’ ?”
Hillary: “The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?”
Hillary: “Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?”
Hillary: “Threats to all of Bill’s former mistresses to keep them quiet?”
Hillary: “You mean the INSIDER TRADING of the Tyson chicken deal I did where I invested $1,000 and the next year I got $100,000?”
Hillary: “You mean when Bill met with Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, just before my hearing with the FBI to cut a deal?”
Trump” “No, the other one.”
Hillary: ” You mean the one where my IT guy at Platte River Networks asked Reddit for help to alter emails?”
Hillary: “You mean where the former Haitian Senate President accused me and my foundation of asking him for bribes?”
Hillary: “You mean that old video of me laughing as I explain how I got the charges against that child rapist dropped by blaming the young girl for liking older men and fantasizing about them. Even though I knew the guy was guilty?
Hillary: “You mean that video of me coughing up a giant green lunger into my drinking glass then drinking it back down?”
Hillary: “You mean that video of me passing out on the curb and losing my shoe?”
Hillary: “You mean when I robbed Bernie Sanders of the Democratic Party Nomination by having the DNC rig the nomination process so that I would win?”
Hillary: “You mean how so many people that oppose me have died in mysterious was?”
Hillary: “Travel Gate? When seven employees of the White House Travel Office were fired so that friends of Bill and mine could take over the travel business? And when I lied under oath during the investigation by the FBI, the Department of Justice, the White House itself, the General Accounting Office, the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, and the Whitewater Independent Counsel?”
Hillary: “The scandal where, (while I was Secretary if State), the State Department signed off on a deal to sell 20% of the USA’s uranium to a Canadian corporation that the Russians bought, netting a $145 million donation from Russia to the Clinton Foundation and a $500,000 speaking gig for Bill from the Russian Investment Bank that set up the corporate buyout?. That scandal?”
Hillary: “That time I lied when I said I was under sniper fire when I got off the plane in Bosnia?”
Hillary: “That time when after I became the First Lady, I improperly requested a bunch of FBI files so I could look for blackmail material on government insiders?”
Hillary: “That time when Bill nominated Zoe Baird as Attorney General, even though we knew she hired illegal immigrants and didn’t pay payroll taxes on them?”
Hillary: “When I got Nigeria exempted from foreign aid transparency guidelines despite evidence of corruption because they gave Bill a $700,000 in speaking fees?”
Hillary: “That time in 2009 when Honduran military forces allied with rightist lawmakers ousted democratically elected President Manuel Zelaya, and I as then-Secretary of State sided with the armed forces and fought global pressure to reinstate him?”
Hillary: “I give up! … Oh wait, I think I’ve got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?”
Trump: “THAT’S IT! I almost forgot about that one”.

Last edited:
He may yet of course scupper himself with a sordid pussy-grabbing episode...

Let he who has not sinned and all that!!!! Seriously, can you honestly say that you have not said things in private company that, if put in the public domain, would paint you as some sort of horrific monster in this uber PC world we unfortunately live in...

Unless one has been a deaf, mute, monk with a vow of silence and have been since birth, I don't think any of us would stand up to 'locker room' scrutiny... It was a private conversation and shouldn't have been recorded, nor should it have been aired... it was a monumentally hypocritical media story!

Personally, I don't have a problem with what he said, he is a bloke after all and us blokes, after a few sherberts or in locker rooms can say some quite astonishingly bad taste things... Try going to a rugby club night out!

Not badly enough for him, amazingly. Seriously, you're OK with that?
Jeeze what a bed wetter, of course I'm ok with that I understand the context (which bed wetters refuse to acknowledge).
It was demonrats just trying to use locker-room talk against him - end of.
Red blooded males (not namby pamby pinkos) understand such talk.
I just do not care if you have issue with such talk, it just tells me what kind of a man you are.

Red blooded males (not namby pamby pinkos) understand such talk.
I just do not care if you have issue with such talk, it just tells me what kind of a man you are.

Bloody hell, being called a dick earlier on in another thread is looking quite friendly in retrospect! But OK, fine, you and Trump are much more manly than me. I'm off to play with my dollies for a bit, He-Man.

Not entirely sure that you are man enough to be called a dick....

I'm not really sure I understand where you're going with this. I mean Trump isn't just the president for cowboys, construction workers and other members of the Village People. He's supposed to be the president for the fifty percent of the US electorate who don't have penises and beards too, right? And amongst the dickbearing electorate, presumably a lot of voters know and like quite a lot of women too, right? And all of these people would be perfectly justified in being offended by his casual talk of pussy grabbing and general well-documented mysogyny. Yes some men talk like that sometimes to let off steam or proclaim their manliness. And then very often give up when they stop being teenagers.

Back