Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Section 5 expanding ammo is no more !!!

Section 5 expanding ammo is no more !!!

Well done to the Countryside alliance !!

http://www.countryside-alliance.org/...s-legislation/

Quote Originally Posted by HeavySako View Post
    Well done to the Countryside alliance !!

http://www.countryside-alliance.org/...s-legislation/

Does this mean expanding bullets can be sent by post as FMJ can or does it just apply to made up factory ammunition? and when do the changes take effect?

Will this have an effect on the cost of carriage on ammunition?

Novice

Beautiful. Well done to all involved!

Who's going to be the first to offer 'expanding' bullets for sale online in the UK?

It just needs Royal Accent now and it's law. Expanding bullets will no longer be subject to Sec5 and as such are the same a Amax or Sierra Match Kings. However, don't expect RFD's to be shipping these on the day it gets Royal Accent. It will, like everything to do with firearms legislation take its time to filter through. And you will always have the FEO's who disagree with the House of Lords and tell you so for the next 3 years until they catch up

Finally some sanity!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Wow a little bit of common sense has prevailed........

Well done CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Does this mean expanding bullets can be sent by post as FMJ can or does it just apply to made up factory ammunition? and when do the changes take effect?
    I read it as all ammo including bullets. You can't have Sec 5 bullets and then once it's loaded it reverts to the lower category of Sec 1. However, just thinking.... will they make the actual expanding bullets section 1 ammo. If so .....No Shipping to home address ...as it falls under the same category as shipping live rounds.

SD Regular
    Good news aye. A bit bitter sweet for me as I just sold, at auction, seventy Nosler Partition .270 WCF bullets and after comission got about 8.00 for them. Drat, drat and double drat!

I read this as a focus on reduced licensing efforts so the police no longer need Deer as good reason to possess expanding ammo for example in order to add the expanding ammo condition to FACs

not sure how that will play out with couriers