Self setting stoat killer?

Hi,
I don't trap so I don't know, but I thought that you legally had to check traps every 24 hours? I think the idea of these traps if they can be left for weeks without checking. If someone has to visit them every day it kind of defeats the purpose.

Siggy>

Hi,
I don't trap so I don't know, but I thought that you legally had to check traps every 24 hours? I think the idea of these traps if they can be left for weeks without checking. If someone has to visit them every day it kind of defeats the purpose.

Siggy>

is that not just for live catch traps?

Maybe just me, ok for non natives in the bush nz/oz but rural britain it looks a bit to indiscriminate to me,plus a mk4 only gets sprung once.;)

Maybe just me, ok for non natives in the bush nz/oz but rural britain it looks a bit to indiscriminate to me,plus a mk4 only gets sprung once.;)

As I said before it isn't used with conventional bait but scents/pheromones to attract only target species so it's actually already lot less indiscriminate than a fenn.

What I mean is, if you set it with scent to attract a stoat then a squirrel, vole, pine marten etc won't even go and stick their heads in it whereas they may stumble into a fenn due to how and where they're set.

It's not a trap,it's a killer. It dosn't retain what it kills.
So is the 1 in 24 hour rule applicable? Rat baiting stations are not checked daily.

It's not a trap,it's a killer. It dosn't retain what it kills.
So is the 1 in 24 hour rule applicable? Rat baiting stations are not checked daily.

Poison isn't a trap.

I have no idea where this thing would stand law wise on how often you would have to check.

Back