Thread: Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson

Smith & Wesson are to change there name to American Outdoor Brands Corporation wtf that's all about

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by african jack View Post
    Smith & Wesson are to change there name to American Outdoor Brands Corporation wtf that's all about
    It's only the Holding company changing it's name - the firearms division will stay the same.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

SD Regular
    Another new owner then? It has been passed from Bangor Punta to Lear Siegler to Thomson Holdings (Brit company that one, that was) to, well, Tom, Dick and Harriet...

No they have owned the company since 2010 they are changing the name to be more pc the Smith & Wesson name is associated with guns
    Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Another new owner then? It has been passed from Bangor Punta to Lear Siegler to Thomson Holdings (Brit company that one, that was) to, well, Tom, Dick and Harriet...
    Last edited by african jack; 10-11-2016 at 12:48.

I have to say that I'd have thought that in a post Trump world, manufacturers would be able to change their brand names to something far less PC than that. No? Something like Defender Firearms wouldn't be out of place I'd have thought. Of course they could have changed it to Smith and Western which is what most people think they're called to start with.

What about Best Wesson? That would cause some upset in the hotelier world ...but think of the sales.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    How many know that, apart from Smith & Wesson itself, the holding company also owns the following brands:

Thompson/Center Arms™, Crimson Trace®, Caldwell® Shooting Supplies, Wheeler® Engineering, Tipton® Gun Cleaning Supplies, Frankford Arsenal® Reloading Tools, Lockdown® Vault Accessories, Hooyman® Premium Tree Saws, BOG POD®, and Golden Rod® Moisture Control as well as knives and specialty tools under Schrade®, Old Timer®, Uncle Henry®, and Imperial™
    So why not have a name that reflects this broad portfolio of products, rather than one which is inevitably linked with a single iconic brand?
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by african jack View Post
    GB Imports would sound far better