Smith & Wesson

Another new owner then? It has been passed from Bangor Punta to Lear Siegler to Thomson Holdings (Brit company that one, that was) to, well, Tom, Dick and Harriet...

No they have owned the company since 2010 they are changing the name to be more pc the Smith & Wesson name is associated with guns
Another new owner then? It has been passed from Bangor Punta to Lear Siegler to Thomson Holdings (Brit company that one, that was) to, well, Tom, Dick and Harriet...

Last edited:
I have to say that I'd have thought that in a post Trump world, manufacturers would be able to change their brand names to something far less PC than that. No? Something like Defender Firearms wouldn't be out of place I'd have thought. Of course they could have changed it to Smith and Western which is what most people think they're called to start with.

What about Best Wesson? That would cause some upset in the hotelier world ...but think of the sales.

How many know that, apart from Smith & Wesson itself, the holding company also owns the following brands:

Thompson/Center Arms™, Crimson Trace®, Caldwell® Shooting Supplies, Wheeler® Engineering, Tipton® Gun Cleaning Supplies, Frankford Arsenal® Reloading Tools, Lockdown® Vault Accessories, Hooyman® Premium Tree Saws, BOG POD®, and Golden Rod® Moisture Control as well as knives and specialty tools under Schrade®, Old Timer®, Uncle Henry®, and Imperial™

So why not have a name that reflects this broad portfolio of products, rather than one which is inevitably linked with a single iconic brand?

Back