Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've landed some permission of my own!!

Smile I've landed some permission of my own!!

Well it looks like I've managed to secure some permission!!

It's only fairly small (80-odd acres I think), and I've yet to have a proper scout round to gauge the lie of the land, BUT it's fairly local, it's not going to cost me anything, and from the descriptions given by the landowner, it sounds as though there are Roe and Sika seen on a fairly regular basis.

Even the opportunity just to take the odd one or two now and again is something I'm immensely grateful for, and all that has been asked is some of the venison if I connect. It will be later in the year before I'm allowed to get out up there, but I've been given the nod today, so I can wait....

Think of a grinning cheshire cat...that's me!!!

AND - just to put some icing on my deer-shaped cake, as if any were even needed - a friend has just asked me if I'd be interested in some extra rabbit shooting, almost on my doorstep. A nearby smallholding has a few troublesome bunnies causing havoc burrowing everywhere that need introducing to my air-rifle.

The sun is shining, the sky is blue, the cider is cold, and all is well in the world!!!

ATB,

Merlin
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

You lucky blighter Lancashire seems to be a black hole in trying to get some stalking any way all the very best( BLIGHTER)
    CHRIS

nice one merlin doesnt matter how small if deer are there exellent keep us posted hopefully soon there will be pictures and a write up to follow all the best,wayne.

well done mate, there is no better feeling than securing some land.
    keep us posted and good hunting.

frank

Well done Merlin. Look after it and the 80 acres will soon grow to more!!

Well done, let us know how you get on.

well done buddy, good luck

Cheers guys - I'll let you know how I get on.
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Established Poster
    Well done bud. Hope you have a great time on the new land you have obtained.
    All the best.

Excellent news!...The 1st one is usually the hardest to get, look after It and the landowner, keep talking to people In the area and more will follow...ATB