Thread: 1-4 x 24 or there abouts, illuminated

1-4 x 24 or there abouts, illuminated

I am thinking of getting another low powered scope for my .308 for driven game.
    I have a low powered Swaro on my 30-06 but rather than swop over and re-zero I am thinking of getting another scope.
    I have looked at the Vortex range and do fancy the Razor at £1200, I have also looked at the S&B Zenith Flash dot at £1600, that is the one I sold last year for £800 :-(
    The important thing is that it must be illuminated and very low power.
    Before I dive in, I thought I'd ask on here first just in case anybody has something of similar quality that they are considering selling.

I have German scope Kaps Wetzlar 1-4x22 illuminated dot, same quality as Schmidt Bender Classic. Price 450GBP

Eddy

Don't forget the Swaro that I have...

Cheers
    iain
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako P94S .22lr
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Why don't you try an Aimpoint Micro or a Zeiss Compact Point? Save yourself some money and use a dedicated scope for driven game..............

I use a Swaro 1-6x24 Z6i EE on my 300WM when I can expect a mixed day of roe, Sika and boar. If it`s just boar I use the Zeiss Z Point on a 9.3x62. I rarely if ever change the magnification on my Swaro from 1x. I use Aimpoints on 9mm semis and they are point and shoot.

Conor, That is my intention, a dedicated 'scope for each rifle.
    I have the Swaro Z6i 1-6 x 24 EE on my 30-06 Maral and am now looking for something of similar quality but a little smaller as a dedicated 'scope for my Blaser .308
    I have considered an Aimpoint Micro but they don't look very Micro to me.
    Thanks Ian but I was thinking of something different than another Swaro :-)
    I can't say I have heard of a Kaps Wetzlar and with an ocular of 22mm, I have heard of Karl Kaps 'scopes before with 24mm ocular, that might be an option, it is certainly within my price range !!
    Any chance of a picture and more details please.
    Last edited by EMcC; 11-11-2016 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Conor, That is my intention, a dedicated 'scope for each rifle.
    I have the Swaro Z6i 1-6 x 24 EE on my 30-06 Maral and am now looking for something of similar quality but a little smaller as a dedicated 'scope for my Blaser .308
    I have considered an Aimpoint Micro but they don't look very Micro to me.
    Thanks Ian but I was thinking of something different than another Swaro :-)
    I can't say I have heard of a Kaps Wetzlar and with an ocular of 22mm, I have heard of Karl Kaps 'scopes before with 24mm ocular, that might be an option, it is certainly within my price range !!
    Any chance of a picture and more details please.

I was sceptical at first of these small red dot scopes but actually I have gotten to like them a lot. They weigh but ounces and take up no space. The only annoying thing about them is that if you put them on a Blaser, the mounting base is stupidly expensive.

1-4x22 is classic line with digital day-night illuminated, please PM with your email and will send you photos.

I looked at a few scopes for the same reason at the shooting show, the Swaro was streets ahead of the rest IMHO
    but outside my budget for use a couple of times a year - went for a Geco ill 1-6 x 24, great in daylight - pants at night, they think the batch they got in was faulty as the scope goes red even on the lowest setting at night.
    Very, very simliar to the Vortex version with the christmas tree but a more sensible reticle of No7 with grey/red dot and ffp
    being replaced by RUAG with Falke version same factory different name I reckon.
    cheers
    FlyBoy270

Thanks for all the offers and suggestions but I have had a re-think and decided to give my Maral 30-06 a rest and just use the Blaser .308 for driven game so only need the one scope that I already have.