Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd 243. Variation or grant

2nd 243. Variation or grant

Just so I'm clear, I have a 243. I need a second 243. Is that a grant or a variation?
    i guess grant but thought I would ask on here before emailing my local authority.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I reckon it's a variation - look at form 201V and it clearly states - "Details of Firearms to be acquired"
    You already have an FAC you simply want to vary the details of the firearms held on it.
    It's the form I have used in the past to add additional rifles to my already held FAC and I've never had any problem with using it as opposed to form 201 which is for the grant or renewal of an FAC

Cheers

Bruce

My fault, I miss read the original question, yes its a variation but you still need to justify your reasons

SD Regular
    It's a variation, payable unless you are getting rid of something an having a "one for one". And in BOTH cases you'd need either way to show "good reason".

It's not difficult, quite logical. I had two .270s for many years. Makes good sense common calibre, so overall less ammunition being possessed, and the rifles one maybe all bipod, illuminated reticule, up to 10x or 15x, all "plastic fantastic" and heavy barrel for night time foxing and etc., and the other more wood, blued steel, lighter carrying weight 3-9x variable for woodland or general stalking.

Any sensible police authority provided your can justify as above should welcome your extra .243 W as it doesn't, per se, entail an ammunition increase.

Good luck with Hants mate my mate has only been waiting for 10 months for a renewal.Another mate waited 10 months for change of address and getting a deer condition put on his ticket

got my additional 243 - one for foxing set up with long range scope etc and one for stalking. Not practical to swap between the two.

Yeah know about the justification and it is because of wanting a dedicated nightvision. I'm planning ahead seeing as I was at spars holt when the nice firearms man was there. So need to get it in now for my Christmas pressie next year. Least it gives me plenty of time to sort out what I want.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Move to Wiltshire I have three 243s and it will be quicker selling your house buying a new one and putting in a variation

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Move to Wiltshire I have three 243s and it will be quicker selling your house buying a new one and putting in a variation
    So true
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Good luck with Hants mate my mate has only been waiting for 10 months for a renewal.Another mate waited 10 months for change of address and getting a deer condition put on his ticket

Did they get a temporary cert Geordie?