New wellies?

carlisleredneck

Can anybody recommend me a good set of wellies? Don't want to pay a fortune, maybe up to 100 quid.
I wear them most days for dog walking and rough shooting, my current pair of hunters have done 10 years but they were from Dumfries I think there made in China now .

Cheers.

At around £65 wouldn't look past a pair of Toggi Wanderer wellies. My last pair are 8 yrs old and still going strong!

Have had a pair of Seeland Estate AT (neoprenes) for 3 years now - good grip, warm and still going strong :thumb:

Aigle Parcours for me. Not cheap at around £150, but they're superb

+1

In daily use for 6 months of the year and keep my feet warm and dry. Comfortable over distance too - easy to do 15km and not notice it.

Without doubt the most comfortable wellington I have ever worn, have worn them for 8 hours straight before and still very comfortable. The only problem I have is I find it a little difficult to take them off after prolonged periods of wear. For stalking rough fields the boots give you confidence of your footing.

Ok cheers lads. Decathlon have the agile parcours 2 in at about £80. Are they the same ones?
Just been looking my self as I could do with a decent pair of Wellington and so far I have found 3 different ones lso, hunting ones and unisex ones and probably more or are they all very similar

I have green Dunlop ones. Have had the same pair for well on ten years. Came from a charity shop for about £5.00. Before that had the black ones. Keep you dry, easy to clean. No buckles, straps or anything else. Sorted!

I have green Dunlop ones. Have had the same pair for well on ten years. Came from a charity shop for about £5.00. Before that had the black ones. Keep you dry, easy to clean. No buckles, straps or anything else. Sorted!

They are cheap and that is why they are the procurement choice of food manufacturing companies. They don't last 2 years walking on smooth floors which is an easy environment for wellingtons, so if they've lasted you 10 years you can't be getting out much stalking.

I don't stalk in wellies. Never have and never will. I use them for snowy days out and about in the village and standing on pegs on driven days. Or walking the bank when fly fishing. But never for stalking. However thanks for the explanation of why they were so cheap. I did wonder. I shall fear an imminent leak of water....or worse...whenever I wear them now. LOL.

Last edited:
I don't stalk in wellies. Never have and never will. I use them for snowy days out and about in the village and standing on pegs on driven days. Or walking the bank when fly fishing. But never for stalking. However thanks for the explanation of why they were so cheap. I did wonder. I shall fear a leak of water whenever I wear them now. LOL.

If it isn't raining or you don't need to traverse a stream, you'll be okay!

Aigle Parcours 2 ISO

These are the ones I have. I use them daily for walking the dogs, messing around in the garden, and for the occasional wander around with the shotgun and rabbiting. I wouldn't use them for stalking or other shooting as they don't offer much ankle support on rough ground. That's my only criticism of them though. Superb wellies!

My toggis are 8 years old and no sign of perishing, I like the toggi sole seems to give a good grip on wet and muddy slopes.

Blackpowder

Back