Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mannlicher SL .222

Mannlicher SL .222

Immaculate conditioned Mannlicher SL in .222Rem, single set trigger. This is an original SL from around 20 years ago and the build quality is obvious.

I'd be confident in saying there won't be a better example of this rifle out there as this has been used so little, hence the reason for sale. I bought this from a friend but due to lack of use as too many rifles in cabinet it's time to move some on.

It comes with TWO rotary magazines, original Mannlicher swing off 1" ring mounts in perfect working order, 6 boxes of Sako 55grn Gamehead ammunition and a leather sling. *****The scope is NOT for sale*****

620 ono plus postage and any RFD costs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3450.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	484.6 KB 
ID:	76239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3447.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	456.5 KB 
ID:	76240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3449.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	501.1 KB 
ID:	76242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3448.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	431.7 KB 
ID:	76243
    Last edited by jamross65; 05-02-2017 at 16:37.

Hi Mate, when the scope is swung off can you properly see the iron sights to use or are the bases still in the way and is that a 50mm Leupold sitting in those mounts? Best wishes, Glyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Hi Mate, when the scope is swung off can you properly see the iron sights to use or are the bases still in the way and is that a 50mm Leupold sitting in those mounts? Best wishes, Glyn.
    Hi Glyn

Yes you can use the open sights unhindered when the scope is removed. It is a 1" tube on the scope and it does have a 50mm objective however the scope is a Leupold VX-L model which has the cut away section at the bottom of the objective lens. I think a standard 50mm objective may fit on, just. But I'd need to double check with the callipers to make sure otherwise the objective diameter would be restricted to 44mm or 42mm. (Don't think there is another option under 50mm????)

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Hi Glyn

Yes you can use the open sights unhindered when the scope is removed. It is a 1" tube on the scope and it does have a 50mm objective however the scope is a Leupold VX-L model which has the cut away section at the bottom of the objective lens. I think a standard 50mm objective may fit on, just. But I'd need to double check with the callipers to make sure otherwise the objective diameter would be restricted to 44mm or 42mm. (Don't think there is another option under 50mm????)
    I've got a nine inch grinder! (ooower missus!)

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I've got a nine inch grinder! (ooower missus!)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    what a cracking rifle,

inhave to many unused here or this could have found a space here,

glwts

bon.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I don't suppose you would consider selling one of the rotary magazines, as I am looking for one? I have this exact same rifle and think highly of it.

Regards Nick

Quote Originally Posted by redcoat View Post
    I don't suppose you would consider selling one of the rotary magazines, as I am looking for one? I have this exact same rifle and think highly of it.

Regards Nick
    Hi Nick

Unfortunately not as I know it will be a small selling point of the rifle. I know they are hard to come by just now.