Thread: FAC / SGC Police renewal/grant times

Interesting, but I'm surprised at the differences shown for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire because all three Counties are handled by the same FLU in Harpenden (who, in my experience, are fairly quick).
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Good old GMP,true to form,,,NO REPLY!!!,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Interesting, but I'm surprised at the differences shown for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire because all three Counties are handled by the same FLU in Harpenden (who, in my experience, are fairly quick).
    I think it may be a bit of a postcode lottery. I'm in Herts and got my co-terminus in about 8 weeks from day of posting my application. FEO told me that if I were in a less populated area, or there were no other interviewees close to me, I would probably wait longer as they like to do several interviews on the same day in the same locality as it is more efficient.

But you are right they are excellent!

Have always heard that my local constituency Cleveland have a good turn around, yet on the map there is no data for my area and it isn't listed in the table below

When I had my initial grant almost 2 years ago with West Mercia it took about 6 weeks, including the Christmas period. When I wrote to them almost exactly a year later to ask for some changes to conditions they sorted it in about 3 weeks. I went on their website yesterday to see about advising them that I'm moving home, and there's a message on there saying grants and renewals are currently taking 6-12 months! Something has clearly gone very wrong.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSimon View Post
    When I had my initial grant almost 2 years ago with West Mercia it took about 6 weeks, including the Christmas period. When I wrote to them almost exactly a year later to ask for some changes to conditions they sorted it in about 3 weeks. I went on their website yesterday to see about advising them that I'm moving home, and there's a message on there saying grants and renewals are currently taking 6-12 months! Something has clearly gone very wrong.
    Don't believe everything you read. I read 60 odd days for variation, mine took 10!!

I think they quote very long grant/renewal times for two reasons:
    1. To cover their a**e in case it does actually take that long
    2. To make people think that it's such a slow and long drawn out process that they simply won't bother applying. (which is what the police really want)

Cheers

Bruce

Essex is just a joke at the moment.

My FAC/SGC is up for renewal at the moment and I currently face the prospect of when my certificate actually expires in Dec of being issued with a temporary certificate, which is OK but means I will have to hand all my expanding ammo into an RFD as it can't be held on a temporary cert.

Apparently it takes just about as long to issue a temporary cert as it does a renewal as the same checks have to be done, ****ing ridiculous.

Our newish police commissioner is apparently pro-shooting and promised to sort this out, hmmm..........