Thread: 410 pistol

410 pistol

Hi all I'm new to all this forum stuff but was recommended to do it by a friend so here goes. I do slot of shooting at at the moment I'm using a single 410 shot pistol for ratting and was wondering if anyone has any info on a double barrel shot pistol for sale? Derringer ranger 2, old Belgian side by side or anything similar I'd be great full for any help as Im struggling

Don't go for the short barrelled Derringer type. They are very well made, expensive and quite useless for all practical purposes.
    If you have a good single barrel gun, hold on to it as they are not easy to come by. The old double barrel Belgian type are now quite rare, as so many were destroyed in consequence of legislative changes. All the USA manufactured models are big, heavy and expensive.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

Hi there thanks for reply you seem to talk from experience have you used one? I'm currently using an Adler single barrel 410 pistol for rat control and it's great fun but I'd love a 2nd shot to increase my kills per night

Quote Originally Posted by Studeanio View Post
    Hi there thanks for reply you seem to talk from experience have you used one? I'm currently using an Adler single barrel 410 pistol for rat control and it's great fun but I'd love a 2nd shot to increase my kills per night
    I have never owned one myself. Several gamekeepers in this area bought one, when they first became available. They were quickly offloaded to other unsuspecting souls. They are so short that it is virtually impossible to aim them. Simply not fit for the purpose intended. Don't go there.
    I'm sorry that I cant be more helpful but if you use the search facility on here, you will see that other members have been trying to acquire a .410 pistol without a great deal of success.
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

I'm listening and being grateful I have one! York guns still have a few and CandG firearms have a falco in at present if this helps anyone. Looks like I'll stick with my Adler single shot pistol