Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bbc news rothbury

Bbc news rothbury

BBC news stopped a local woman with a small child,walking down a track and said on live TV.are you not worried for you and your young child walking down to your house with this man on the loose? she replied not relay my gun safe is open!!.... i guess the BBC got the wrong answer they were looking for!!!just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the goings on!!!

They will probably have their gun safe closed with nothing in it by the end of the day if the local police get wind of it which I assume they will.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    They will probably have their gun safe closed with nothing in it by the end of the day if the local police get wind of it which I assume they will.

Dave
    Of course it was open officer. My husband was engaged in cleaning his shotgun.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

what really would happen if one such legal firearms holder seen the gun man whos killed others just like the chap that killed 12 last month coming up their drive way with guns in hand and told him to go away but his words were un heeded so he stopped him killing his own family and other members of the public by using his own firarm to disable the gentleman..
    Would the police see it for what it was and look on him as someone that had saved lives or as a cold blooded murder who should of let his family stare down the barrells of a murderers gun...just out of curiosity

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    what really would happen if one such legal firearms holder seen the gun man whos killed others just like the chap that killed 12 last month coming up their drive way with guns in hand and told him to go away but his words were un heeded so he stopped him killing his own family and other members of the public by using his own firarm to disable the gentleman..
    Would the police see it for what it was and look on him as someone that had saved lives or as a cold blooded murder who should of let his family stare down the barrells of a murderers gun...just out of curiosity
    In my opinion, I reckon the law would make an example of you if you did take the law into your own hands. You would get the book thrown at you big time!
    Personally, I am of the opinion if someone were to come near my family and try anything on then protection of your own is the right of any human being.

Gun cabinets don't need to be locked if the licence holder is in the house... In fact guns don't need to be kept in the cabinet as long as you don't go out and leave them unsecured, unless of course you take them with you everywhere.

In response to oilmanjd's answer... I'd take my chances
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

It's not a situation I believe I'll ever find myself in. At least I certainly hope so!!! I believe the law allows "reasonable force" to be used whn defending yourself or others. If an armed man was walking down your drive and you knew he'd been killing people randomly, and IF you believed he was going to kill you, I reckon the CPS would not even bring a case to court IF you were genuinelyin fear of your life. We could bang on forever about hypothetical situations which won't ever happen, but IF in this position (And I reckon I have more chance of visiting the moon than being in such a situation) I'd try and wound the attacker rather than kill them though. If possible..........

Bah! I feel a bit stupid for writing all that to be honest, as it's so unlikely, but hey ho!

I really hope it never happens to me either but take the man last month traveling the countryside shooting randomly, if you was out stalking and seen him persueing people and shooting them dead im sure you would fall foul of the law if you ended it there and then...

I really hope it never happens to me either but take the man last month traveling the countryside shooting randomly, if you was out stalking and seen him persueing people and shooting them dead im sure you would fall foul of the law if you ended it there and then...
    It's an interesting discussion. I doubt you'd be sent down in all honesty. Every tabloid in the country would be on the side of the person who stopped him in his tracks. Assuming the "stalker" wasn't taken down by a C019 team first by mistake!

Please remember the first rule:-

You must never hurt the criminal or interfere with their normal activities........................................ .............. crime is big business and the government likes it that way.

I for one have no doubt that the Police would throw the whole weight of the law against me if this situation arose. As to shoot to wound............................................. .. hmmm a wounded armed person can still kill you.