Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hermaphroditism

Hermaphroditism

Hi, I was stalking Saturday afternoon here in the Scottish Borders and was lucky enough to shoot two Roe Doe's that were together in a small plantation but on recovering them I found that although they were both Doe's and in good condition one of them had pedicles and one small antler in velvet of about 9cm on its left hand side, although I have read about and seen pictures of similar Doe's with horns I just wondered how many of you have experienced this and are they rare or quite common Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161113_112948487.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	289.7 KB 
ID:	76339Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161113_113047550.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	76340 cheers.

Never seen one in my life. But then my numbers are pretty low in comparison to others.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

One in a lifetime I think will be above average.

I have shot a few over the years but not sure they are true Hermaphrodites as the ones that I shot only had female sexual organs,did yours have both male and female organs?

Martin

I have shot a few antlered does in Eskdalemuir.

I've previously posted a thread about a similar animal a friend shot on our ground. I've also been with him when he shot another antlered doe near Kelso.

A lot rarer than a gold medal I would say.

Novice

Have shot three two as you describe and one with a full six point head, they may or may not be hermaphrodites one of the ones I shot was carrying a foetus.

Very intresting when I was out roe stalking some years ago within 10 miles of Kelso I saw an antlered doe, seems a strange coincidence that all these reports are from the same geographical area.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Very intresting when I was out roe stalking some years ago within 10 miles of Kelso I saw an antlered doe, seems a strange coincidence that all these reports are from the same geographical area.

D
    What Scotland!

Shot this antlered muntjac doe a few years back in Bedford.
    atbClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	979.9 KB 
ID:	76350